Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh I can't decide between whitworth park or oak house for my 1st and second choice! Its the whole halls vs flats and city centre vs fallowfield argument.

The main thing putting me off whitworth park is that its not halls and I really dont want to end up stuck living with people I don't get on with! But then many people have said it is just as good or even better socially as fallowfield.

So frustrating!

Edit - ok now I'm confused Oak house is halls right?!

ReputationRep:
    i put whitworth as my first choice i hope i made rite decision, its quite a big place so therell b loads of students around, so if u dont get on with ur flatmates ull still have other friends plus its like a 2min work to uni!! and very close to city centre which is all good!

ReputationRep:
    is accomodation done on a first come first served basis for those who get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.14159265)
    is accomodation done on a first come first served basis for those who get in?
    not reallly - they just wait until they have your results and if you get your grades they will allocate you accommodation, trying to give you one of your preferences. you should find out within about 2weeks of getting your grades which accommodation you've been allocated

ReputationRep:
    what about me? i ll get my results early in july??do you think i'll have to wait only 2 weeks?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by greek_nina)
    what about me? i ll get my results early in july??do you think i'll have to wait only 2 weeks?
    Pass.

The brochure says "if you are an undergraduate with a conditional offer we will send you an offer after the a level results but before 12 September", but since your offer will (hopefully) turn unconditional before the deadline for handing out places to the unconditional UGs, it might be worth sending an email to the Accomodation Office to find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greek_nina)
    i get my results in early july too.. IB students!!
    ooh... that would mean that the IB ppl get the best rooms and halls
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mml)
    i get my results in early july too.. IB students!!
    ooh... that would mean that the IB ppl get the best rooms and halls
    No, you're supposed to have an equal chance, so long as you sent in your form before the original deadline.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.