Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Accommodation 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Misazame
I'm set for History, how about you? :wink:

Ahh cool :smile: I'll be doing Zoology, hopefully :biggrin:
I'm so jealous that you live in Prague by the way, I've always wanted to go.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 61
Original post by heartskippedabeat
Ahh cool :smile: I'll be doing Zoology, hopefully :biggrin:
I'm so jealous that you live in Prague by the way, I've always wanted to go.

:smile: Yeah, Prague's very nice and certainly worth a visit, though after living there all my life I can't wait for a change. :rolleyes:

Back to QMUL, which hall do you want to get?
:smile: Yeah, Prague's very nice and certainly worth a visit, though after living there all my life I can't wait for a change. :rolleyes:

Back to QMUL, which hall do you want to get?

Ahh fair enough, yeah I can imagine :tongue:
I'm hoping for Beaumont or Pooley I think, to be honest I don't really mind as long as it's an ensuite in the student village :redface: I really hope they give out accommodation offers soon though!
How about you? :smile:
Reply 63
Ahh fair enough, yeah I can imagine :tongue:
I'm hoping for Beaumont or Pooley I think, to be honest I don't really mind as long as it's an ensuite in the student village :redface: I really hope they give out accommodation offers soon though!
How about you? :smile:

I'm hoping for pretty much the same as you are. Beaumont is supposed to have many international students (as far as TSR says), which sounds alright, and as for Pooley: is that actually a BALCONY? :awesome:

It sucks that we have to wait until July for the accommodation to be allocated... :mad:
I'm hoping for pretty much the same as you are. Beaumont is supposed to have many international students (as far as TSR says), which sounds alright, and as for Pooley: is that actually a BALCONY? :awesome:

It sucks that we have to wait until July for the accommodation to be allocated... :mad:

Yeah I think it is! :biggrin:

I know, it seems so long away ! :frown: I'm going away for two months in mid july aswell, so I really hope I get my offer before I go otherwise it's going to be really hard to accept it and stuff :s-smilie:
random q about accommodation application are they done on a first come first serve basis or wait to all applications and then give out offers?
Original post by alwaysanigel247
random q about accommodation application are they done on a first come first serve basis or wait to all applications and then give out offers?

I think they're first come first served.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though :tongue:
I think they're first come first served.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though :tongue:

I think there is a date until which all applications are considered equal - then it is needs based.

Still, getting the application in ASAP is always advisable.
Original post by Mr. Mortell
I think there is a date until which all applications are considered equal - then it is needs based.

Still, getting the application in ASAP is always advisable.

Ahh okay, that makes more sense :smile:
also how long did queen mary get back to you with accommodation application after your firmed it?

Also do certain halls have certain reputations etc?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
I think too much concern is put in to picking or hoping for the right accommodation. Which halls you end up in certainly won't make or break your experience at university. The people you share those halls with might hold that power though.

Having said that; I opted for the lower price bracket and will be pleased if I end up with Maynard and Varey. :smile:
Reply 71
Hi everyone!

Next year, I will be studying an MA European Culture at UCL. However, I'm from Belgium and am still looking for student accommodation. Since the UCL halls of residence seem too unpersonal to me, I would love to share a flat in central London (tube zone 1 or 2) with some other students/young professionals. I have found some sites where the landlord rents out individual rooms in a flat, on the condition that all rooms are rented at once to a student group.
Therefore, please let me know if you're interested in sharing for next academic year, starting something like June, July or August 2011. I will be looking for rooms of about 150 pounds a week.

I'd love to hear from you guys!

Kind regards,

Margot
Reply 72
I'm about to apply for my accommodation as well. SO EXCITED. My first choice is economy ensuite. :biggrin: I like the idea of more people sharing a kitchen. :smile: I REALLY would like ensuite though, but I guess nearly everyone does. :frown:
anyone opted for the pooley price bracket and happen to be doing biology? :smile:
just applied for accommodation! really hope i get the room/hall i want!
Original post by loliitaaa2810
anyone opted for the pooley price bracket and happen to be doing biology? :smile:

My first choice is standard ensuite, which I think pooley is, and I'm doing Zoology so I think we have most if not all of the same modules in the first year :smile:
My first choice is standard ensuite, which I think pooley is, and I'm doing Zoology so I think we have most if not all of the same modules in the first year :smile:

ah cool! will probably be seeing you there then! :smile:
Original post by loliitaaa2810
ah cool! will probably be seeing you there then! :smile:

Yep :biggrin:
Reply 78
Bit of a silly question..

QM is my insurance, and its obviously become evident that I don't apply for accommodation now. So.. when do I apply? Is it only after results? And what's the chance of me actually getting a room on campus?

None of this information is on the website and I'm getting a bit worried :frown:
Reply 79
Yeah, you can only apply after you get your results and it's very unlikely you'll get a place in halls after then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending