Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PSdilemma)
    most med applicants can do a lot lot better on the bmat...but not everybody does.....even if you look at the graphs with the score distribution, very very few get around 6s, and that indicates youve done really well. but i do see what you mean
    btw, your score is good, unless you expected it to be alot higher, when as discussed, you may well be dissapointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    btw, your score is good, unless you expected it to be alot higher, when as discussed, you may well be dissapointed.
    ok, point taken :rolleyes: ....

edit: i was disappointed.....but i wouldnt have moaned as much if i had scored around 6....i couldve, but i didnt

ReputationRep:
    ok, point taken :rolleyes: ....

edit: i was disappointed.....but i wouldnt have moaned as much if i had scored around 6....i couldve, but i didnt
    hehe. I am dissapointed too, but relieved at the same time. It could have been alot worse. Im happy with my essay score which was a big improvement over last year.

ReputationRep:
    hehe. I am dissapointed too, but relieved at the same time. It could have been alot worse. Im happy with my essay score which was a big improvement over last year.
    what did you get again? i cant be bothered to go look for your post

ReputationRep:

Curse that section 2.

ReputationRep:

Curse that section 2.
    indeed.....i got 4.7 and 9.0 too...but youve done really well in section 1 too! , what uni did you take it for?

ReputationRep:
    indeed.....i got 4.7 and 9.0 too...but youve done really well in section 1 too! , what uni did you take it for?
    Imperial and UCL

ReputationRep:
    Imperial and UCL
    oh wow, so youve got an interview in UCL for sure .....ive applied to imperial too....have you heared anything from them?

ReputationRep:
    oh wow, so youve got an interview in UCL for sure .....ive applied to imperial too....have you heared anything from them?
    No I haven't.

I am on my gap-year and have the opportunity to work in a hopsital in sydney for 3 months, but obviously I cant go because of interviews. When I phoned up the unis they just said "oh well we interview from now until april". Very helpful. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't.

I am on my gap-year and have the opportunity to work in a hopsital in sydney for 3 months, but obviously I cant go because of interviews. When I phoned up the unis they just said "oh well we interview from now until april". Very helpful. Bah.
    aww, im so sorry! thats horrible!!...are you going to go after april then?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, unless I get an offer from UCL or imperial (favorites) before then. Its just too good an opportunity to miss. That and the hospital is right on the beach...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, unless I get an offer from UCL or imperial (favorites) before then. Its just too good an opportunity to miss. That and the hospital is right on the beach...
    oo wow!.. sydney, AND hospital by the beach! how cool is that!
    did you apply for the placement through an organisation or something?

ReputationRep:
    oo wow!.. sydney, AND hospital by the beach! how cool is that!
    did you apply for the placement through an organisation or something?
    Sort of. Im working for GlaxoSmithKline at the moment, and I met this woman who works in Sydney, we got talking and I asked if it might be possible to do some work out there.

ReputationRep:
    Sort of. Im working for GlaxoSmithKline at the moment, and I met this woman who works in Sydney, we got talking and I asked if it might be possible to do some work out there.
    GlaxoSmithKline? wow!...how did you end up working for them? if you dont mind me asking that is

ReputationRep:
    GlaxoSmithKline? wow!...how did you end up working for them? if you dont mind me asking that is
    I applied to do some work expereince with them. Then after that the person I did it for emailed me to ask if I would like to do a further 5 week project, I said yes. During that time I made contacts. So when I found out I was going to take a gap year I got in contact with them to see if anyone could find me a job.

ReputationRep:
    impressive.....very!
    what other universities have you applied for? (weve hijacked the thread :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    hehe. Well.

Imperial
    UCL
    Birmingham
    Leeds

and

Warwick and Sheffield for biology

ReputationRep:
    heared from any of your choices?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of you seem to be disappointed with BMAT results when you have no need to be. Just got a letter through from Oxford inviting me for an interview next week for Medicine.
    My BMAT results were: 4.6
    I also got 9A*s and a couple of A's at GCSE and had a pretty full personal statement. Im just happy to get an intrerview:-) Any one else got their letter through today for Oxford Medicine? My first post btw so hi.

ReputationRep:
    heared from any of your choices?
    unconditional for the two non-medical courses. Apart from that no
    I really really hope I get in this year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2006

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.