Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    2 seconds missy! I am (themasterofwordsinbrackets) :p: Glad this drama is all over now anyway. Now onto interviews :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendlyneutron)
    2 seconds missy! I am (themasterofwordsinbrackets) :p: Glad this drama is all over now anyway. Now onto interviews :bawling:
    sniff....the only thing i knew a bit about, is no more my area of expertise! :p:

is that it then? looking at the number of threads started over the bmat just before 2nd nov, i thought many more people were sitting it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PSdilemma)
    for THREE?! wow! youre so brave!
    there there, dont be that mad at yourself, weve heared of people with lower marks getting interviews, so there is hope :hugs:
    Hope so, thanks :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceman_jondoe)
    Well with the BMAT results only 10 days away (and counting) i thought we might aswell create the (un)official BMAT results thread now. I look forward to comparing everyones great marks to my crap one
    Not really a happy bunny.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone ! i did the bmat and got the results today tooo ! i got sec1 = 5.3 , sec 2 = 5.8, sec3 = 7.5 a bit of mixed feelings there rele but generally i thought i did much worse so im relieved in a way

oh by the way snmichaels i applied to the exact same unis as u, iam sure u will be glad to know ! lol

take care all xx

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard anything from them yet? Besides confirmation.

ReputationRep:
    no i haven't - still no interviews, but oxford did say they will inform us in the "beginning of december"
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    meh, can't wait to be informed that I have no interview at oxford in the "middle of December".

Good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    Bah not as good as last year, but then again I thought I did worse..

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

i got (BMAT):

paper 1: 4.8
    Paper 2: 5.6
    Paper 3: 10.5

Wil this get me an interview at oxford (i got 60% A*)?

Also, does anybody do advancing physics (OCR B)? Because if yes - do u know where to get some exam papers?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amritakkaur)
    I got:
    Section 1: 8.4 :eek:
    Section 2: 8.0
    Section 3: 10.5 :confused:
    :goodnight:

Your results are making me hate you more and more... :rolleyes:

--------------

(Original post by friendlyneutron)
    We'll all just have to knock 'em dead in the interviews!
    Well, everyone on TSR at the most. Otherwise we'd be back were we started :p:

Got the same aggregate as you actually:

My essay's three points lower than last year, but the other bits are higher, so I can live with it.

ReputationRep:
    amritakaur i seem to be despising U more and more,, no wait i think its jealousy, watever it is you gotta be one of the braineist peeps ive ever met, or is that u ahve sum amazing technique of time mangement and excellent organisational skils watever it is OMG, u got a* in panjabi i barely scraped a D, n u dun 7 aleevels ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    jealousy, at least ive dun further maths and triple award science hehehe
    oh well n e way congrats to every 1 in their bmat scores, plus its a bloody disgustingly horrible exam ne way so dont worry im sure ya'll get an interview. GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anybody do advancing physics (OCR B)? Because if yes - do u know where to get some exam papers?
    Try the science forum

ReputationRep:
    I so TOTALLY thought I'd 100% failed the whole thing, but I didn't. I got:

a: 5.5
    b: 5.8
    c: 10.5

So unspectacular, but not enough to reject me outright. It's also pretty representative of me. I'm not *really* a science-type, although I love and adore science. I'm FAR better at English, History et al, but I wanted to do medicine..

Still glad I'm not applying to Oxford though! (Although I do have 12 A*s at GCSE ^^)

Got an interview at St Catz, Cambs on 5th Dec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassygirl)
    I so TOTALLY thought I'd 100% failed the whole thing, but I didn't. I got:

a: 5.5
    b: 5.8
    c: 10.5

So unspectacular, but not enough to reject me outright. It's also pretty representative of me. I'm not *really* a science-type, although I love and adore science. I'm FAR better at English, History et al, but I wanted to do medicine..

Still glad I'm not applying to Oxford though! (Although I do have 12 A*s at GCSE ^^)

Got an interview at St Catz, Cambs on 5th Dec
    Needs a slap

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i've just joined, but haf been reading the threads for quite some time.
    btw my BMAT results are

overall not bad... but was pretty much rambling for my essay... haha. surprised i even got 7.5. lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassygirl)
    It's also pretty representative of me. I'm not *really* a science-type, although I love and adore science. I'm FAR better at English, History et al, but I wanted to do medicine..

Still glad I'm not applying to Oxford though!
    Cambridge rather than Oxford, being a 'not really' sciencey type & being better at arts.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i have a right to moan about my marks...because i didnt do brilliantly...but people with around 6s!....come on! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PSdilemma)
    i have a right to moan about my marks...because i didnt do brilliantly...but people with around 6s!....come on! :rolleyes:
    I think its all about how well you know you could do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    I think its all about how well you know you could do.
    most med applicants can do a lot lot better on the bmat...but not everybody does.....even if you look at the graphs with the score distribution, very very few get around 6s, and that indicates youve done really well. but i do see what you mean

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 14, 2006

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.