The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can't see any warning points, or maybe they aren't visible to others anymore?

*shrugs*
Really? Can you see anyone's warning points?
I can't see Jon's for sure, and I haven't noticed anyone else's tbh...
I can see both mine and justfarhan's (he has 2).
I see justfarhan's 2 warning points, but not Jon's. Weird.
Socrates
I see justfarhan's 2 warning points, but not Jon's. Weird.

I can see them - Warning Level: 9 ....
I see them no trouble.
In case no one noticed, due to the large amount of personal insults thrown at fellow TSR member due to threads about the Israel/Lebanon conflict, every single post that personally insults another TSR member will be given warning points. If such behavior persists, the people in question will be banned.

If anyone sees a post that personally attacks someone, you are urged to report it as soon as possible.
Thud
:eek: Just so everyone's clear: what kind of personal attacks are we talking here? something small like, "no, idiot" or bigger "what, are you ****ing retarded?", "nazi scum" what?

Also, is this going to apply from now, or are you going to go into posts from 6 days ago?

If a reasonable person can agree with your discription of the other person, then that's fine (i.e. saying "you're a Nazi" to someone who has consistently espoused Nazi views is ok; calling him Nazi scum is not). Words like idiot and scum are always insults.

I'm not planning on looking at past posts.
Bismarck
If a reasonable person can agree with your discription of the other person, then that's fine (i.e. saying "you're a Nazi" to someone who has consistently espoused Nazi views is ok; calling him Nazi scum is not). Words like idiot and scum are always insults.

I'm not planning on looking at past posts.

and if someone's expressed an idiotic viewpoint...?

MB
musicbloke
and if someone's expressed an idiotic viewpoint...?

MB

Saying something idiotic doesn't make one an idiot (just like lying once doesn't make one a liar). If they something that's idiotic, show why it's idiotic.
Reply 231
Bismarck
Saying something idiotic doesn't make one an idiot (just like lying once doesn't make one a liar). If they something that's idiotic, show why it's idiotic.

but you can't call it idiotic?
Reply 232
Bismarck

If anyone sees a post that personally attacks someone, you are urged to report it as soon as possible.

And if those reports reference posts by different members will they be treated in exactly the same manner by you and V?

If so, that's fair enough and no more than one would expect. We'll all be watching to ensure that's the case, since I think most agree, all that members want is impartial and even-handed moderation.

Thank you.
justfarhan
Agreed.

I think Vienna is a good mod.

Seconded.

The only issue I have with another mod is currently being discussed and it has nothing to do with hating people. And that is a personal issue, not necessarily a moderation issue.
Bismarck
Funny that the only two people who want me replaced have been flaming me behind my back...

Bismarck
Yes, it shows that both of you are engaging in slander and think this is a good way to target me

You are clearly referring to me as well.

Misrepresentation again. I have never said I want you replaced either. I said that for some people it has been an issue that has also been expressed. (replacement in general, although I think if we want anything we should just add another mod, thanks for being interested in my opinion :rolleyes:)

I have made a point of view in pms to both justfarhan and gemgems explaining the level of friction that you created when you decided to take my jokes, my opinion, my presentation of fact, and my argument in debate in completely the wrong way. I have had debates with other right wing people (not on this forum) on this issue and have never been told I am vilifying the right wing (which you also then repeat to other arguemnts i make) and calling those people obsessives. I also exaggerated my opinion to gemgems (and a slight one to farhan) on purpose, and I actually told her I was doing so, followed by a smilie at the end of that pm to show her i was being light hearted. this all came after your exaggeration of me, but the difference is I was trying to be light hearted about the whole thing. I think its clear amongst everyone there is friction and that if you seem to think i am insulting the right wing and being abusive (with no basis), you arent exactly going to like me. I have every right to a personal opinion, if it is exaggerated, then i dont, and everytime i have done that for a joke and to lighten the mood, i have said so.

As I had no explanation or answers, it is clear that the level of friction wants to be maintained. And if I must say, that friction puts me off reporting anything in ask a mod etc. That is not the approach I expect from a mod.

This is all I have to say. There is clearly no level of understanding here.

I'm not going to continue this with you, and I find that if you keep misrepresenting what i say to such a degree that it creates a continuous negative image of me, that goes unsubstantiated and that people will think it is correct seeing as a mod is saying it.

I am not here to demonise people. You seem to think I am. Yet have I ever reacted like you have? no i have mocked your exaggeration (stating ''ok that might be a slight exaggeration'' because it is clear it is a huge exaggeration, its called humour) and stated so.

--

I'm trying to slander you? I've mocked your exaggeration for a joke, but always stated my personal opinion is about the friction and clearly highly negative emphatic response to me. The misrepresentation of me is much closer to slander. I even stated in my first pm, that I sent to her so I could explain the situation, to Gemma that any offense caused by my argument was unintended, because it had clearly been taken in the wrong way i.e. youre misrepresentation (that i thought was an accident know i know it is intentional and there is spite) , I'd I'm the one being apolgetic there even though I dont need to be. I didnt even need to send that pm. That's my position now as well. And yet I see you making no attempt to remove this rude (and that can be seen as a spiteful tone because it has been continued) you have kept up with me ever since I dare question Fox news.

This post is here to inform everyone else, because I know that you will not look at it without twisting every little word I say. I know that if people were in my position some of them would be pretty pissed off.
Reply 235
Thud
but you can't call it idiotic?

Look, if having replied to the core of the arguments you decide that they merit the label of 'Nazi' then I believe that would be reasonable. If having taking part in the thread discussion you then clearly insult someone, I would take action against that remark. But when you come onto a thread merely to provoke, insult or attack another member and the basis for your personal remarks are "quotes" from other sites, then I consider it flaming. I couldnt care less if it was Hitler himself you were conversing with, we'll ban you both.
Reply 236
Vienna
Look, if having replied to the core of the arguments you decide that they merit the label of 'Nazi' then I believe that would be reasonable. If having taking part in the thread discussion you then clearly insult someone, I would take action against that remark. But when you come onto a thread merely to provoke, insult or attack another member and the basis for your personal remarks are "quotes" from other sites, then I consider it flaming. I couldnt care less if it was Hitler himself you were conversing with, we'll ban you both.

ok ok calm down.

I'm sorry.
Thud
ok ok calm down.

I'm sorry.
:hugs:
Reply 238
Thud clearly needs a good spanking.

I see no good reason why Bismarck should be demodded. Hes passionate. Surely you guys dont want a vegetable?

Vienna is losing respect through her bullying tactics but I'll remain neutral on that for now.

Additionally words like "hizbollah supporters" and "terrorist supporters" are unacceptable. If you are warning people for the word "idiot" you should not be setting bad examples and using those phrases. And don't even try to defend it. So no flaming either way. To or from the mods. :smile:
samba
Additionally words like "hizbollah supporters" and "terrorist supporters" are unacceptable.
I've seen a couple (2) of people on this forum express open and full support for Hezbollah in recent days, want to suggest an appropriate word apart from 'hezbollah supporter'?

Latest

Trending

Trending