The Student Room Group

*HYP* Resolution 2011/03 - Ending the invasion of North Korea

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ethereal
ooc: war wasn't declared - it was posturing at best, and also no one gained or lost so no peace needs to be discussed. just kiss and make up

ooc: technically war did not have to be declared because they were only in army stance for all these years (since last war) and army stance can be broken without declaration of war. And since now we should be smarter than last time (and since this is not real world) we should arrange full peace this time.
Reply 41
Original post by terza021
ooc: technically war did not have to be declared because they were only in army stance for all these years (since last war) and army stance can be broken without declaration of war. And since now we should be smarter than last time (and since this is not real world) we should arrange full peace this time.

:confused: that doesn't even make sense.
Reply 42
:confused: that doesn't even make sense.

Meaning xD
Reply 43
Meaning xD

I don't understand what you were trying to say.
Reply 44
I don't understand what you were trying to say.

Sry I misspelled army stance=Armistice
Reply 45
But Japan, Argentina and North Korea haven't been in a state of war?
Reply 46
No but they did military interfere in the conflict and since peace should be signed between North and South it would be good for those countries to participate. Also this peace talks were set up to stop the war between North and South Korea and it is still to be decided wether or not those countries should participate (I of course say they should).
Reply 47
War was declared.

Argentina declared war on both North Korea and Myanmar (admitedly a little posturing), however both nations declared war back and on several occasions threatened nuclear action. Myanmar has since withdrew after suffering heavy losses from Argentina and North Korea and Argentina agreed to a ceasefire.

Japan and North Korea could certainly be described as being at war given that Japan was enacting full scale war plans.

Peace talks need to go ahead to resolve the conflict between North and South Korea. Given that Japan is withdrawing (is that immediate?), Argentina will leave North Korea if the international community so wishes during the peace talks.
Reply 48
Where was the formal delcaration? :confused:
Reply 49
I once again say these talks are to create peace between North and South it is still to be determined wether rest are going to participate. I think that they should because if not any country can continue invading DPRK and say that they are not bound by any contract. Also if one country has troops in other country and they are fighting that that consider to be formal declaration of war. In your point of view (as far as I got it) if one country invades another without declaration of war it is not war and there should not be peace talks. Also it is kind a wrong to me that you want to put in danger peace in this part of the war by denying the right of peace talks by a simple technicality. And in the same time seems to me that you do not want to create long lasting peace (not only armistice) that these two countries newer had in their sovereign history.
Reply 50
What formal declaration were we meant to give.

I personally said that Argentina officially declares war on North Korea and Myanmar. I did not feel it nessesary to create a resolution given that it was an illegal war backed only by Japan and Argentina along with potentially a few neutral nations.
Reply 51
Original post by Rakas21
What formal declaration were we meant to give.

I personally said that Argentina officially declares war on North Korea and Myanmar. I did not feel it nessesary to create a resolution given that it was an illegal war backed only by Japan and Argentina along with potentially a few neutral nations.

So if it was an illegal war, you'll be submitting to the ICC Then
Reply 52
Yes but you still need and peace treaty to stop all the fighting before you go to any courts or councils. I.E In bosnia in 1990-1995 some forces of the Republic of Srpska with the help of the present Serbian troops attacked Bosnia, war went on for five years and we returned to the previous condition regarding troops natural position, and still peace was signed. And after we went to ICC and to the International Court in Hague. And I say once more presence of your troops fighting in the area is declaration of war no matter that diplomacy did not sent it.
Reply 53
What is the ICC?
Original post by Rakas21
What is the ICC?

OOC: :teehee:
Reply 55
Original post by rockrunride

ooc: do not be like that he has right to not know :biggrin:

it means International Code Council

[ooc] So it's not the international cricket council? Because so help me if I have to report Argentina to
them......... [/ooc]
Reply 57
ooc: actually it is both :biggrin: and best of luck with that report xD
Reply 58
Original post by Rakas21
What is the ICC?

Original post by rockrunride

Original post by thunder_chunky
[ooc] So it's not the international cricket council? Because so help me if I have to report Argentina to
them......... [/ooc]

ooc: actually it is both :biggrin: and best of luck with that report xD

Actually it's the International Criminal Court
Actually it's the International Criminal Court

OOC: I knew this and thought every MUN member did, hence the :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending