Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what qualifications mostly univ need as mature student Watch

ReputationRep:
    :tsr: I'm 19 years from China. I'm planing to obtain BSc International Relations degree in LSE next year.as my qualification is so low,and English is so poor.But I belive that I will win .Do you believe me ? I have a lot of confidences. .So I hope as a mature student to LSE.
    LSE Undergraduate Prospectus said that some (as mature students),without traditional qualifications,will have taken an Acess or Return to Study course.I don't believe that, Is it true?
    what qualifications mostly universities need?
    thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on an access course now, and its worked for people on this course in the past.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afriad that at nineteen you won't be considered as a 'mature' student at a UK university. You have to be 21 or over at the start of your course.

Lots of students take access courses though, and lots of universities will consider them, especially if your traditional academic qualifications aren't that great. I'm not sure, but I think that you need a minimum level of English Language to be considered for entry to university, so maybe that's something you could work on

ReputationRep:
    I met a Singapurean Chinese. Two years previous he could not speak English. When I met him he was idiomatically perfect and standard accent too.

Spend the next two years learning English then try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markpopl)
    :tsr: I'm 19 years from China. I'm planing to obtain BSc International Relations degree in LSE next year.as my qualification is so low,and English is so poor.But I belive that I will win .Do you believe me ? I have a lot of confidences. .So I hope as a mature student to LSE.
    LSE Undergraduate Prospectus said that some (as mature students),without traditional qualifications,will have taken an Acess or Return to Study course.I don't believe that, Is it true?
    what qualifications mostly universities need?
    thank you in advance!

Mature = over 21. What do you plan to do in the interim? I would suggest boosting your academics, as - not meaning to sound harsh, but "qualification is so low,and English is so poor" is not going to get you into LSE.

Most access courses are only open to people over the age of 21. Which means you couldn't apply to LSE via the access route until you are 22.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advises.English is the most thing I should do now .I consider that if I should obtain the degree of Open University .Next year I will go to Uk for learning English and obtaining the OU Undergraduate degree. but I don't know after three years . If I get under degree of OU,May I apply for the Msc degree of LSE.thank everyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.