This discussion is closed.
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by edders)
elaborate
So, did y'hear the story of the Johnstone twins?
As like each other as two new pins
Of one womb born, on the self same day
How one was kept and one given away?
An' did you never hear how the Johnstone's died
Never knowing they shared one name
Till the day they died, When a mother cried
My own dear sons lie slain
An' did y'never hear of the mother so cruel
There's a stone in place of her heart
Then bring her on and come judge for yourselves
How she came to play this part.
think you probably have to have seen it to get it though...
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Lol - thinking about it, it would be awfully tempting to try to put the Churchill voice on as well, I suspect, and that would probably not be a good idea...
precisely
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by edders)
im in the 2nd round of auditioning for a speech giving competition ('declamation') and need to find a dramatic piece (funny or serious) that lasts (or can be cut short) to 1.5-2 mins. ideas? for the first round i did shakespeare's henry Vs 'once more into the breech' speech...
anything funni......prefeerably a speech from waynes world......
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
ive found the speech im going to do, its a comedy, from THE CASKET COMEDY by Titus Maccius Plautus (i just found it in a list of interesting monologues)

http://www.monologuearchive.com/p/plautus_003.html

ALCESIMARCHUS: I do believe it was Love that first devised the torturer's profession here on earth. It's my own experience--no need to look further--that makes me think so, for in torment of soul no man rivals me, comes near me. I'm tossed around, bandied about, goaded, whirled on the wheel of love, done to death, poor wretch that I am! I'm torn, torn asunder, disrupted, dismembered--yes, all my mental faculties are befogged! Where I am, there I am not; where I am not, there my soul is--yes, I am in a thousand moods! The thing that pleases me ceases to please a moment later; yes, Love mocks me in my weariness of soul--it drives me off, hounds me, seeks me, lays hands on me, holds me back, lures, lavishes! It gives without giving! beguiles me! It leads me on, then warns me off; it warns me off, then tempts me on. It deals with me like the waves of the sea--yes, batters my loving heart to bits; and except that I do not go to the bottom, poor devil, my wreck's complete in every kind of wretchedness! Yes, my father has kept me at the villa on the farm the last six successive days and I was not allowed to come and see my darling during all that time! Isn't it a terrible thing to tell of?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.38%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (157)
40.57%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.05%

Watched Threads