Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I wanted to knwo what was teh best way for revsing approaching maths. we are doing edexcel modules C1 C2 and S1 in June, C3C4 AND s2 next year and will be doing FP1 - FP3 next year

ARE TEH ETXTBOOK QUESTIONS IN TEHE DXCEL BOOK LIKE THE EXAM QUESTIOSN OR ARE TEH EXAM QUESTIONS HARDER. WHICH IS BEST THING TO PRACTICE? THERE ARE LOTS OF QUESTIONS IN THE TX TBOOKS DO U DO ALL OF THEM..PLUS WHAT ABOUT EXAM PAPERS.

I HAVE HEARD fp2 IS HARD .. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GO THROUGH TEH TEXTBOOK?
    CHEERS

ReputationRep:
    from what i remember of my c1-c3 exams last year, the books were quite a good representation of the exam (the exam style papers), but our teacher just taught us p1 - p3, and that gave us an edge because the p modules were quite a bit harder. its always better to be over prepared isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    i did P1,P2,P3

our teacher gave us loads of past papers which helped loads as it seemed as if they ask the same questions again and again, just different numbers

but as u are doing C's i don't know how many past papers there are

review exercises?

also do loads of questions; like 1/5 from each exercise

u just need to practise questions over and over, so when a question comes up u can say "oh, i know this method..."

some of the textbook questions are quite a lot harder than what comes up in the exam; some are there to get u to experiment and are extension

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2005

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.