The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why cant they just choose from the 30 people who have applied, they wont take more than 10 people if that , why bring more poeple in from the pool?
Reply 21
**noooni**
why cant they just choose from the 30 people who have applied, they wont take more than 10 people if that , why bring more poeple in from the pool?

Quality of applicants. They'll want the best future students so they'll look in the pool for such candidates.
:frown: I am not getting past the interview process , so many better people and so little spaces.
I am actualy excited about the interview though, anyone else?
By the way will the cambridge students be on their christmas holidays when we have interviews?
Reply 23
**noooni**
:frown: I am not getting past the interview process , so many better people and so little spaces.
I am actualy excited about the interview though, anyone else?
By the way will the cambridge students be on their christmas holidays when we have interviews?

Yep we will be, some of us will still be around but a lot will have gone. How else do you think they find accomodation for people coming for interview?

--------------

**noooni**

SPS has about 6 applicant per place, a ratio which kings currently on. I very much doubt that they would be happy to look solely at the 30 applicants that they have. In fact Ivery much doubt they only have 30 applicants tbh
Reply 24
Any tips/ideas on SPS interviews, I am expected to know about sociology despite my main interest lying in politics????
Reply 25
Well since you'll be expected to pass your first year, then they'll expect you to have an aptitude for all of the subjects. This doesn't mean you have to be brilliant at them, but just not completely ignorant of their relevance, since there is a bit of overlap.
fairy lights
Anyone applying to do SPS at cambridge? Im applying to Jesus college, got my interview on the 13th dec, have noooo idea wat to expect! does anyone really know wat to expect?! how much prep have ppl done?

:hmmmm:

Yup my interview is on the 7th (next Wednesday), at Robinson College. I have to be there at 9 am for an exam. Joy...

Totally unprepared of course.
Reply 27
my interview is on the 13th too fairy lights!!!
no idea wot to expect, but im just gona take it as it comes and if i dont get in then.. i HOPE LSE ACCEPT ME!! lol.. :biggrin:
Reply 28
I got rejected last year by LSE and then accepted by Cambridge, its all a bit of alottery as tonnes of people apply for both cambridge and lse
my SPS interview is in 2 days- completely terrified .... :frown:
good luck. don't be intimidated...
I had my SPS interview today (St Catz). Didn't go awfully but could have been alot better! Thought I could probably answer some of your questions....
I didn't need any real previous knowledge of the subjects, just tried to show that I'd thought about the types of issues that SPS raises and also knowledge of topical issues was useful. I was asked in the general interview about books I'd read around the subject and floundered a bit on that so its probably useful knowing in your head which books you've read and authors.
Anyway, thats all i can say really. Hope it helps, any other questions I could probably try (and then fail) to answer. Good luck with interviews, don't expect to see me next September though - the more I think about it I remember the bad bit!
Reply 32
aww dont worry too much about it!! you ALWAYS think that youve done a hell of a lot worse than you did!! if you dont get in, then at least you tried your best.. and if you do, well its a huge bonus! :smile: just think of it that way!!
thanks for the advice.. i'm attempting (unsuccesfully) to *geek* around the subject this week lol but hwk and cwk is RUINING my life!!! this time next week.. and i will be having a panic/stress/sleepless night!!
Reply 33
anyone else got SPS interview at sidney sussex on the 13th? im dont know as much about politics as sociology and i think my main interests are sociology and psychology...but i think sidney wants you to be mainly interested in politics? and mosdefinitely tell us all an example Q please?thanks :smile:
Reply 34
look up your interviewers and see what their expert subjects are in.. my interviewer has written sociology books so i expect he may ask me stuff about that. but i think they will try to mould it to you.. cos some ppl will have no knowledge of the subject and will not have done related topics at A level!
Reply 35
look up your interviewers and see what their expert subjects are in.. my interviewer has written sociology books so i expect he may ask me stuff about that. but i think they will try to mould it to you.. cos some ppl will have no knowledge of the subject and will not have done related topics at A level!
Reply 36
jt0316

Don't bother looking up their interests
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=31&announcementid=111
Reply 37
jt0316

Don't bother looking up their interests
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=31&announcementid=111
example question ay..... hmmmm it all seems a blur now and I can only remeber the bits where I was either talking a load of rubbish or where I didn't have anything to say at all but I remember the first question.....
Interviewer: 'I see you have an interest in Germany and German politics. Do you think it makes a difference that their new leader is female?'
My thoughts: 'Oh crap....'
example question ay..... hmmmm it all seems a blur now and I can only remeber the bits where I was either talking a load of rubbish or where I didn't have anything to say at all but I remember the first question.....
Interviewer: 'I see you have an interest in Germany and German politics. Do you think it makes a difference that their new leader is female?'
My thoughts: 'Oh crap....'

Latest

Trending

Trending