abolish private schools Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
No, it was a family from near me in Lancashire. Absolute joke. They had a stuffed tiger in their living room next to their pink leather sofa, bleuuugh!!!

That was a good one two on young posh and loaded when the asiin guy, bought all the shooting gear and got himself a 'title' of Lord. He grew up on a normal housing estate lol.
Yes - you can't buy your way into the aristocracy all of a sudden (not that anyone would want to). I think rich people stay rich because they are prudent! They live normal lives!

Ben
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
What? I wasn't replying to you! Where do the best teachers go...

Ben

Good teachers go to Public Schools because they get paid better there and their living standards would probably be better.

Anyways even if you have worse teachers, it doesnt mean that your education is worse. Remember education is not directly correlated with quality of teaching, public schools have better sport facilities, co-activities,societies, food etc....
happysunshine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, it was a family from near me in Lancashire. Absolute joke. They had a stuffed tiger in their living room next to their pink leather sofa, bleuuugh!!!

That was a good one two on young posh and loaded when the asiin guy, bought all the shooting gear and got himself a 'title' of Lord. He grew up on a normal housing estate lol.
HaHa, it's funny when people like that win so much money. Well actually it isn't.

I saw him! He did seem the most decent out of the lot, but £20 k for a title!
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes - you can't buy your way into the aristocracy all of a sudden (not that anyone would want to). I think rich people stay rich because they are prudent! They live normal lives!

Ben
Totally agree with you. *looks on internet to buy himself the title of the Duchy of Lancaster, then later realises after purchasing it the Queen already has that title..hmm.)*
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Often to areas where their husbands work. A teacher is 'footloose' so to speak, weather there are good school in that area private or state doesnt matter in most cases.
I contest that statement. Firstly, I presume that you know all teachers are not women! Secondly - I just don't agree with what you've said. I object to the last part - you can't know what happens 'in most cases' and nor can I. However, if I was a teacher I know where I would rather go. Wouldn't you?

Ben
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
HaHa, it's funny when people like that win so much money. Well actually it isn't.

I saw him! He did seem the most decent out of the lot, but £20 k for a title!
YEs he seemed decent but I found him rather annyoing and desperate. It was practically a singles dating advert on tv. All he talked about was his prospective wife, oh I meant Lady wife.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
YEs he seemed decent but I found him rather annyoing and desperate. It was practically a singles dating advert on tv. All he talked about was his prospective wife, oh I meant Lady wife.
Anyone who would want to marry him must be very desperate. His house was disgusting!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I contest that statement. Firstly, I presume that you know all teachers are not women! Secondly - I just don't agree with what you've said. I object to the last part - you can't know what happens 'in most cases' and nor can I. However, if I was a teacher I know where I would rather go. Wouldn't you?

Ben
Ok, I meant if one of a couple was a teacher. No, my mum is a teacher, she is where she is because of where my dad, simple as. This is also the case for most of my mums friends who are teachers. Another factor of where you live is that most people stay within the county they are born.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone who would want to marry him must be very desperate. His house was disgusting!
Did he have tiger covered bed sheets? I cant remember I've got a picture of him beside his bed in my mind.

I've also seen Mel B's house, that is amazingly funny and disgusting. But fair play to her, she actually earnt her money.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did he have tiger covered bed sheets? I cant remember I've got a picture of him beside his bed in my mind.

I've also seen Mel B's house, that is amazingly funny and disgusting. But fair play to her, she actually earnt her money.
I think he had some kind of skin for his bed cover.

Cribs? I've seen Mel B's house too, I quite like it but it's not exactly a house for a busy working person.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think he had some kind of skin for his bed cover.

Cribs? I've seen Mel B's house too, I quite like it but it's not exactly a house for a busy working person.
Yeh, no I thought it was disgusting and with no taste. She had about 3 king sized beds lined up in a row for her bed. The childrens room was nice though, i'd love to give my child a cool room like that
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeh, no I thought it was disgusting and with no taste. She had about 3 king sized beds lined up in a row for her bed. The childrens room was nice though, i'd love to give my child a cool room like that
Did you see her bathroom? She had two toilets in one room, very posh :rolleyes:.

I loved the Phoenix's room! I wouldn't mind that for myself!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did you see her bathroom? She had two toilets in one room, very posh :rolleyes:.

I loved the Phoenix's room! I wouldn't mind that for myself!
Hehe. My friends parents for whatever reason decided to put a setee in one of their bathrooms.
miriam
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tnacilppa)
All I can say is chip and shoulder.

To say that teachers at private schools are considerably better paid than teachers at state schools is ridiculous.

My school gives chemistry equipment to a local state school. People from state schools come in to use our music recording and drama facilities. I am not saying this because I feel my school should be thanked for this but simply because I can't stand the anti-public school feeling which is perpetuated just about everywhere.

Besides, you cannot force teachers to teach in schools where they are subject to unenthusiasm, violence and a generally crap attitude. A teacher who came to my school last year did so because she was basically abused by the kids at her inner-city state school. She was held at gunpoint. She was subject to a total lack of interest in any academic work. Is it suprising that given half the chance most teachers would like to teach at a private school?

What about the NHS? Should everyone be forced to hang around on never-ending waiting lists? People who earn money do so because they are motivated, hard-working and willing to make sacrifices. They should not be penalised for being successful.

What you are suggesting is in fact not a general rise in in standard of education. If private schools were abolished the standard would drop. A dumbing down is what you are effectively suggesting. People who have enough money to send their kids to private schools should be able to do so without guilt.

People who would succeed would probably do so anyway. Bill Gates left school at 16 and is now the richest man in the world. I think that people blame their schooling for their failures. How would dragging everyone down into the state-school system help? In fact all it would do is icrease class sizes even more!

Adam

>I think everyone should have the right to the same education, no matter how rich their parents are.
I attend a state school where I work my hardest and try my best and im sure that on results day I will be rewarded for that hard work.
Not every state school has as you say 'unenthusiasm, violence and a generally crap attitude' so until you have attended a 'state' school, dont knock it because there are people there who are trying their hardest to get through even without the amazing, modern facilites. Were not all violent yobs who dont wanna be there!
Its very nice that your school can help the poorer of us out there who havent got facilities anything like yours. But why should you be able to have those things and us not? Because your parents are richer? I dont think thats fair.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by miriam)
>I think everyone should have the right to the same education, no matter how rich their parents are.
I attend a state school where I work my hardest and try my best and im sure that on results day I will be rewarded for that hard work.
Not every state school has as you say 'unenthusiasm, violence and a generally crap attitude' so until you have attended a 'state' school, dont knock it because there are people there who are trying their hardest to get through even without the amazing, modern facilites. Were not all violent yobs who dont wanna be there!
Its very nice that your school can help the poorer of us out there who havent got facilities anything like yours. But why should you be able to have those things and us not? Because your parents are richer? I dont think thats fair.

Thats a capitalist society love. Get used to it.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thats a capitalist society love. Get used to it.
Oooh! Now that's a tone I wouldn't expect to hear from you!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oooh! Now that's a tone I wouldn't expect to hear from you!

Hehe. I fear some people are being commies without realising it...

Communism is a great idea in theory, in practice though...
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hehe. I fear some people are being commies without realising it...

Communism is a great idea in theory, in practice though...
My teacher asked me which diagram I liked better, the communism one or the capitalism one when I was thirteen and I said the capitalism one and they said "Hmm okay, really?". I'm for capitalism now I've got over some things providing there is the chance to succeed in which there is.

That person needs to realise that things aren't equal but we've all got loads of opportunities and they are always there if you want to take them.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My teacher asked me which diagram I liked better, the communism one or the capitalism one when I was thirteen and I said the capitalism one and they said "Hmm okay, really?". I'm for capitalism now I've got over some things providing there is the chance to succeed in which there is.

That person needs to realise that things aren't equal but we've all got loads of opportunities and they are always there if you want to take them.
Well said

You shall become a good wife for an ex public school merchant banker I can tell
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well said

You shall become a good wife for an ex public school merchant banker I can tell
HaHa, well I haven't ever met a public school boy and I may not like them at all! And they may not like me. But I'm not too bothered about schooling - I'm all talk.

I'll probably become a working wife married to a a odd northern joker.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1581)
79.29%
Leave (413)
20.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed