This discussion is closed.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
HaHa, well I haven't ever met a public school boy and I may not like them at all! And they may not like me. But I'm not too bothered about schooling - I'm all talk.

I'll probably become a working wife married to a a odd northern joker.
Hehe. Your encourageable.

YOu shall have to go to public school 'hangouts' to find out.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Hehe. Your encourageable.

YOu shall have to go to public school 'hangouts' to find out.
Which are? Although I have a good idea where all the townie 'hangouts' are
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

You'd have to ask someone like amexblack, he goes to Winchester. I presume you live down south? Knowing the 'cool' places in Lancashire/Yorkshire wont be much help although I will tell you if you wish.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You'd have to ask someone like amexblack, he goes to Winchester. I presume you live down south? Knowing the 'cool' places in Lancashire/Yorkshire wont be much help although I will tell you if you wish.
No you can tell me the Lancashire/Yorkshire places
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I also know many townie hangouts, certain areas near where I live are townie through and through. My friend lives near a place called Longridge, it is just packed with boy racers and kappa slappa spar posse crews. Burnley and Preston are also jam packed, often seen outside TK Max and £ stretcher (well the girls anyway with their prams). The boys never seem to be out of their 'mod' cars once they are able to drive, I've often wondered how or when the go to the toilet!? I know how they eat, McD's drivethough innit.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I also know many townie hangouts, certain areas near where I live are townie through and through. My friend lives near a place called Longridge, it is just packed with boy racers and kappa slappa spar posse crews. Burnley and Preston are also jam packed, often seen outside TK Max and £ stretcher (well the girls anyway with their prams). The boys never seem to be out of their 'mod' cars once they are able to drive, I've often wondered how or when the go to the toilet!? I know how they eat, McD's drivethough innit.
LOL I can picture the scene very clearly! But they aren't too bad, some of them are very nice and helpful. Although that is some.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No you can tell me the Lancashire/Yorkshire places

Basically in the small villages surrounding the big schools like Stonyhurst and Ampleforth for afternoon drinking. For night drinking York, Clitheroe, Ilkley, Skipton and Lytham are all good.

For shopping Leeds and Manchester is used, I cant remember the districts where I have shopped on many occasions but its in the older parts of the towns. Just look for shops like Russell and Bromley, they are around those areas.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LOL I can picture the scene very clearly! But they aren't too bad, some of them are very nice and helpful. Although that is some.
Indeed there were a few at my school. Pleasent enough, but they were more like trendies. They are seen by the scum townies as godfathers due to their ability to spend 10k on 'modding' their 3k car thus becoming a townie aristocrat
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Basically in the small villages surrounding the big schools like Stonyhurst and Ampleforth for afternoon drinking. For night drinking York, Clitheroe, Ilkley, Skipton and Lytham are all good.

For shopping Leeds and Manchester is used, I cant remember the districts where I have shopped on many occasions but its in the older parts of the towns. Just look for shops like Russell and Bromley, they are around those areas.
I've only heard of two of those places in that list: York (love) and Skipton. Although any list of Southern places are as unfamiliar.

I think I've got a good idea where to find them now... I'll keep watch
defec8ing
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
www.chavscum.co.uk: this provides a pretty good glossary on the townie subject
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Indeed there were a few at my school. Pleasent enough, but they were more like trendies. They are seen by the scum townies as godfathers due to their ability to spend 10k on 'modding' their 3k car thus becoming a townie aristocrat
LOL, they would annoy me more than the normal townies
defec8ing
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by defec8ing)
http://<a href="http://www.chavscum....***.co.uk:</a> this provides a pretty good glossary on the townie subject

meant to say "www.chavscum.co.uk"
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
www.chavscum.co.uk: this provides a pretty good glossary on the townie subject
Ah so that's where the 'kappa slapper' thing is from! I recognise one label there but I recognise the picture so well. It's quite a good site, thank you
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've only heard of two of those places in that list: York (love) and Skipton. Although any list of Southern places are as unfamiliar.

I think I've got a good idea where to find them now... I'll keep watch
Where abouts do you live?

Uh, come on you have been told about Clitheroe on MANY occasions by me and LH. LH seems to have dissappeared lol.

Btw, I like you if that helps, your lovely, a most pleasent person. You'll find some public schools boys are tw*ts but others are pretty down to earth. But then again its not like 'normal' schools dont have their dregs. Lucky hunting
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
meant to say "www.chavscum.co.uk"
That is an amazing site. I shall spend time browsing that it.

Did anyone see what their babies would be called?

Me, I got Lindsay Chantelle for a girl and Gary Shane for a boy. Oh yes.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Where abouts do you live?

Uh, come on you have been told about Clitheroe on MANY occasions by me and LH. LH seems to have dissappeared lol.

Btw, I like you if that helps, your lovely, a most pleasent person. You'll find some public schools boys are tw*ts but others are pretty down to earth. But then again its not like 'normal' schools dont have their dregs. Lucky hunting
Central/North.

I'd never heard of Clitheroe before LH mentioned it.

Thanks You seem to be one of those pretty down to earth ones (if you are a public school boy, I don't know that much about the difference), I don't detect snobbyness/up yourself tone in your posts.

Dregs?
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That is an amazing site. I shall spend time browsing that it.

Did anyone see what their babies would be called?

Me, I got Lindsay Chantelle for a girl and Gary Shane for a boy. Oh yes.
I got Sabrina Chantelle.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Central/North.

I'd never heard of Clitheroe before LH mentioned it.

Thanks You seem to be one of those pretty down to earth ones (if you are a public school boy, I don't know that much about the difference), I don't detect snobbyness/up yourself tone in your posts.

Dregs?
I always thought you lived near London lol. I never put you down for a northerner More near Birminghman then?

Thanks Thats the thing, people make it sound like public schoolers are different, this is often not the case. Just normal people lucky enough to have a good education.

Dregs are just losers, in other words townies.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got Sabrina Chantelle.
Thats no coincidence...we should get married and call our baby Lindsay Sabrina Burberry Chantelle.
defec8ing
Report 15 years ago
Thats no coincidence...we should get married and call our baby Lindsay Sabrina Burberry Chantelle.
certainly worth perusing some of the links from that site, i'm sure there must be some sites set up by townies looking at some of us, thats if they have enough time to make them between jacking cars, and drinking white-lightening!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads