The Student Room Group

NVQ Level 3 Business Administration

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbietheaa
Hi, what unit?

The unit is 503. Communicating in business.
Reply 121
Isn't this level 4?
HELP PLEASE! Unit 2 - Q 2.2 Explain the use of different models of analysis in understanding the organisational environment

Swot Analysis??

Pestle Analysis??
Hi,
I am struggling with my candidate report for my first unit, 'communicate in a business environment'.

if i could get some help on content for this please!
** 1.1 analyse the communication needs of an internal and external stakeholder.

i have done all the work sheets and this is the part i cannot grasp!!

thanks in advance
hello, i am stuck with this question if someone can help me out, please

Explain the requirements for language, tone, image and presentation for different documents. (4.1)

Explain how the requirements of language, tone, image and presentation affect: (4.1)

The organisation

b) The task at hand

Q14 Explain how to integrate images into documents. (4.2)
4.1 think of two documents that you produce at work : take emails for example - depending on whom you are writing an email to, the language, tone and image will differ.

incorrect language - could cause misunderstandings, give the wrong impression

Tone - ensure that the tone you use and expressions will make sense to your recipient

Language - use the correct spelling, grammar and terms, avoid using jargon or slang.

Image and presentation - must look presentable and professional with signatures and logos to prove your email is legit.

Hope this helps
for question 14 - use screenshots to demonstrate how to insert a picture into a document then write a sentence underneath of how you did it.
Hi,

I am looking for help on unit 345 1.1 - compare sources of information on professional development trends and their validity.

This is the last question I have to answer for the course so I can help with any others :smile:
Reply 128
Hi All,
I'm in need of some help, I am studying level 3 business admin, I am on my last unit 325 (resolve customer complaints) question number 2.4&2.5, I feel like I've already answered them in the previous questions 1.1-1.8.
Can anyone help me with what I can put for them?
I may be able to help back with level 2 & the work I've completed in level 3.
Thank you in advance.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by nara24
Hi All,
I'm in need of some help, I am studying level 3 business admin, I am on my last unit 325 (resolve customer complaints) question number 2.4&2.5, I feel like I've already answered them in the previous questions 1.1-1.8.
Can anyone help me with what I can put for them?
I may be able to help back with level 2 & the work I've completed in level 3.
Thank you in advance.

Hello. Have you used this to help you?
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/NVQ-and-competence-based-qualifications/Business-and-Administration/2014/specification/BTEC_Combi_L3_BA_Iss4_V2.pdf (page 439)

Abbie
Reply 130

Hi Abbie,

Yes I've used this website I just can't seem to find any help anywhere,I don't have a tutor at the moment because of them retiring but I'm desperate to get the unit completed.

Thank you for your help xx
Reply 131
Hello, can anyone help me with the unit 'Evaluate the provision of business travel or accomodation" I am struggling with learning objectives 2-3.
Original post by jodiek7
Hi,

I am looking for help on unit 345 1.1 - compare sources of information on professional development trends and their validity.

This is the last question I have to answer for the course so I can help with any others :smile:

Hello Jodie, this was my Answer:

"There are a variety of sources available within my organisation. These allow me to get advice on things like, employment issues, training and any support I may need within my job role. Within my work, there are a range of people I can talk to concerning my career, such as my Line Manager, my colleagues or my college tutor during my course. There are several websites that can be easily accessed online which offer career advice, information on training opportunities and a range of jobs. Websites like the National Career Service also provide tools to identify skills and experience to further career progression, as well as the requirements needed. With these come many strengths as my colleagues are with me on a day to day basis to answer any questions I may have. Having these options in my work place will ensure that I have the support needed. A disadvantage may be that the websites known in my organisation may not be up to date with the information needed.

There are also external services available to help solve problems within the workplace. For example, Citizens Advice Bureau offers advice on a range of topics including work, rights and tax. Similarly, Acas is an advice service that aims to provide information to both employers and employees about employment law. This service would be used to improve and promote healthy work relations within an organisation, as well as providing vital support if a case needs to be taken to an employment tribunal. Strengths of these services would be that any problems that occur within the work place will be actioned. Another strength is that if you are having issues you will always have somewhere to go to vent these issues and hopefully get help. A weakness is that you don't know the people that work at these organisations so it may be daunting at first thinking about going.

All organisations will have their own sources of information on professional development. Such sources could include publications and other information from:

The Internet, all organisations will have access to the internet to gain information for their professional development. The Internet will provide all information including how you can develop from your current position and what qualifications are needed etc. the strengths of the internet are that it will supply all information possible, however this could potentially be a weakness as some information supplied may be dated or incorrect therefore no longer valid / true information.

Training organisations will also supply information for professional development; these organisations may offer courses or training sessions. The strengths in this type of organisation include being trained up to your organisations standard; training organisations will take the time and concentrate on training you up professionally. A weakness could be If you ever moved organisations, the training received in one particular organisation may not be relevant in another therefore you may have to complete more training.

There are professional bodies that offer industry specific qualifications. An example relevant to me would be the Institute of Administrative Management, which offers programmes in business and administration, administrative management, business management and governance, leadership and motivation. A strength of this is that if you take up these programs you are qualified at an industry standard and not just the required standard of your particular work place. A weakness is that you may still have to undertake the required standards for your particular work place, even though you are qualified to an industry standard."

Do you have anything for Unit 301 Communicate in a business environment 1.1 - 1.9?
Reply 133
Original post by GemmaDM21
Hello Jodie, this was my Answer:

"There are a variety of sources available within my organisation. These allow me to get advice on things like, employment issues, training and any support I may need within my job role. Within my work, there are a range of people I can talk to concerning my career, such as my Line Manager, my colleagues or my college tutor during my course. There are several websites that can be easily accessed online which offer career advice, information on training opportunities and a range of jobs. Websites like the National Career Service also provide tools to identify skills and experience to further career progression, as well as the requirements needed. With these come many strengths as my colleagues are with me on a day to day basis to answer any questions I may have. Having these options in my work place will ensure that I have the support needed. A disadvantage may be that the websites known in my organisation may not be up to date with the information needed.

There are also external services available to help solve problems within the workplace. For example, Citizens Advice Bureau offers advice on a range of topics including work, rights and tax. Similarly, Acas is an advice service that aims to provide information to both employers and employees about employment law. This service would be used to improve and promote healthy work relations within an organisation, as well as providing vital support if a case needs to be taken to an employment tribunal. Strengths of these services would be that any problems that occur within the work place will be actioned. Another strength is that if you are having issues you will always have somewhere to go to vent these issues and hopefully get help. A weakness is that you don't know the people that work at these organisations so it may be daunting at first thinking about going.

All organisations will have their own sources of information on professional development. Such sources could include publications and other information from:

The Internet, all organisations will have access to the internet to gain information for their professional development. The Internet will provide all information including how you can develop from your current position and what qualifications are needed etc. the strengths of the internet are that it will supply all information possible, however this could potentially be a weakness as some information supplied may be dated or incorrect therefore no longer valid / true information.

Training organisations will also supply information for professional development; these organisations may offer courses or training sessions. The strengths in this type of organisation include being trained up to your organisations standard; training organisations will take the time and concentrate on training you up professionally. A weakness could be If you ever moved organisations, the training received in one particular organisation may not be relevant in another therefore you may have to complete more training.

There are professional bodies that offer industry specific qualifications. An example relevant to me would be the Institute of Administrative Management, which offers programmes in business and administration, administrative management, business management and governance, leadership and motivation. A strength of this is that if you take up these programs you are qualified at an industry standard and not just the required standard of your particular work place. A weakness is that you may still have to undertake the required standards for your particular work place, even though you are qualified to an industry standard."

Do you have anything for Unit 301 Communicate in a business environment 1.1 - 1.9?

Hi Gemma, I've completed unit 1. See the websites I used below and a guide to the learning objectives. Let me know if I can be of further help.

http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/bernard-matthews/communicating-with-stakeholders/communicating-with-external-stakeholders.html#axzz4YYkrQxF9
http://www.gpmfirst.com/books/project-success/internal-and-external-communication
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/management_concepts/communication_models.htm
http://communicationtheory.org/patterns-of-communication/
https://www.businesstopia.net/communication/communication-patterns
http://www.eptica.com/blog/what-are-factors-affecting-channel-choice
http://www.businessknowhow.com/growth/bizcomm.htm
https://www.slideshare.net/joanasanchezdabalos/kinesics-theory-of-communication
http://psychologia.co/mirroring-body-language/
http://www.dailywritingtips.com/8-proofreading-tips-and-techniques/
https://prezi.com/dlstnrwbtohq/theories-of-communication/

AC1.1: Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders

Stakeholders: internal, e.g. team members, management, other departments; external, e.g. customers, product/service suppliers, regulatory bodies
Communication requirements: purpose, appropriate communication methods (formal, informal, verbal, written), language, organisation standards and protocols, customer expectations
Communication channels: direct, indirect, chain of command
Methods of communication: face-to-face, e.g. one-to-one, team meetings; voice, e.g. telephone, teleconferencing; paper based, e.g. letter, report;, electronic and digital, e.g. email, short messaging systems (SMS); social media, e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn; Intranet and Internet
AC1.2: Analyse the different communication models that support administration

Communication: models e.g. Shannon, Berlo, Schramm; communication process, e.g. source, message, encoding, channels, decoding, recipient, context, noise, feedback
AC1.3: Evaluate the effectiveness of different communications systems

Organisation communications systems: definition; types, e.g. chain, wheel, star, all-channel, circle, top down, bottom up, one way, two way
Effectiveness of communications systems: strengths and weaknesses; organisational requirements, e.g. formality, accuracy, speed, control, efficiency; contextual factors, e.g. organisational hierarchy, authority and responsibility, organisational culture, decision making
AC1.4: Explain the factors that affect the choice of communication media

Communication media: i.e. the written, oral or methods used to communicate a message
Factors that affect communication media choice: audience; purpose, cost, speed of communication, subject matter of information, how much information is to be communicated, whether feedback is required, whether a permanent record of the information is required, intrusiveness of communication method, accuracy, safety and information security, distance

AC1.5: Explain the importance of using correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, spelling and conventions in business communications

Business communications: email, letters, reports, presentations
Conventions: paragraphs, format, formality, language, style, terminology, e.g. technical terms, use of jargon, abbreviations, acronyms
Importance: e.g. accuracy, own standards of work, professional image, customer perception
AC1.6: Explain the factors to be taken into account in planning and structuring different communication media

Planning communication media

Factors: e.g. audience, communication objective, message, channel, timing, preparation

Structuring different communication media

Factors: introduction, e.g. background, basics; details, e.g. facts and figures; response or action, e.g. conclusion; close
AC1.7: Explain ways of overcoming barriers to communication

Barriers to communication: use of jargon, emotions, taboo topics, lack of interest or relevance, distraction, perception and viewpoint; physical disabilities, e.g. hearing problems, speech difficulties, body language; language differences, e.g. understanding accents; expectations and prejudices, e.g. false assumption and stereotyping; cultural differences
Ways of overcoming barriers: focus on the receiver, take the receiver more seriously, crystal clear message, skilfully delivered messages, multiple communication channels, awareness of own emotions and attitude, seven Cs of communication (clarity, credibility, content, context, continuity, capability, channels)
AC1.8: Explain the use of communications theories and body language

Communications theories: Mehrabian’s ‘Silent Messages’, Birdwhistell’s theory of kinesics, Argyle’s communication cycle; uses; benefits; application of these theories
Body language: types, e.g. facial expressions, eye contact, gestures, posture, touch; uses, e.g. mirroring others, enhancing verbal communication; benefits, application

AC1.9: Explain proof-reading techniques for business communications

Business communication: definition; formats: text, e.g. documents, emails; numbers, e.g. spreadsheets; graphical representations, e.g. charts, graphs, diagrams; images, e.g. photographs
Proof-reading techniques: check SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar), check facts, figures and names, review hard copy, use a dictionary, sense check the copy, create proof-reading checklists

I am currently completing level 3 business admin, i am stuck on some of the legal units as my placement is in a solicitors. Here is a question i am currently stuck on: Explain how to identify shortfalls in evidence and materials. This is from unit 315 build legal files in the knowledge questions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hello guys

I am trying to start an assignment for unit 320 Principles of business. Totally unsure of how to start this. I cannot get my head around it.
Any help would be appreciated!!

:smile:
Reply 136
Has anyone done the units on information systems? I am really struggling with this question:

"Evaluate the suitability of possible problem solving actions related to information systems."

Could anyone help or point me in the right direction please?
Reply 137
Me too! Been stuck on this unit for months, left it and have completed all the other units hoping I'd come back to it and I'd understand...i don't and my tutor has not offered an advice (despite me asking three times!). Any one done Unit 12 - Monitor Information Systems?? Anyone?!
Reply 138
Hi DJ Kris I'm on this now and having the same problem. Have you had any look?
Reply 139
Original post by leahchez1
I am currently completing level 3 business admin, i am stuck on some of the legal units as my placement is in a solicitors. Here is a question i am currently stuck on: Explain how to identify shortfalls in evidence and materials. This is from unit 315 build legal files in the knowledge questions.

Hi Leah, do you still need help here? This will depend on your organisational requirements and contexts. It needs to be specific to your organisation. You should talk about shortfalls of essential client details, shortfalls of essential client history, important information from external sources and information from within your organisation.
These websites should help too:

www.ico.org.uk.organisations/data_protection_guide - the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest

www.lawsociety.org.uk/advice/practice-notes/setting-up-a-practice-regulatory-requirements - details about setting up of legal practices. Refer to Section 6.7, which deals with legal files

www.lawsociety.org.uk/advice/practice-advice-service/faqs/file-reviews - details about setting up of legal practices. Refer to question and answer section relating to file reviews

Best of luck!

Abbie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending