The Student Room Group

Is it o.k to date your lecturer?

This poll is closed

Would you ever date your lecturer?

Yes 58%
No42%
Total votes: 45
Hey guys,

I'm currently writing an article for my student magazine about dating lecturers and wanted to get people's opinions/ stories.

Have you ever dated a lecturer or known anyone that has?

Would there be any moral implications from dating a lecturer?

How would you react if a lecturer came onto you?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by shaunjreeve

not unless you consider #winning a 'moral implication'

voting hell to the YES this is my fetish
Reply 2
only if their hot.
If shes a standard 6+/10 yes.

Nobody likes whaling.
I'm a teaching assistant and I'm dating someone who was my student last semester. There's only a year's difference between us...I really love him, it's hard to keep it a secret :frown:
To clarify: teaching assistant at a university
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a teaching assistant and I'm dating someone who was my student last semester. There's only a year's difference between us...I really love him, it's hard to keep it a secret :frown:

Girls are weak.
Hey guys,

I'm currently writing an article for my student magazine about dating lecturers and wanted to get people's opinions/ stories.

Thanks!

I never have but some people thought I was having an affair with a tutor at one point :facepalm: A Music student who was in the year above me is engaged to her college tutor.

There can be all kinds of moral implications with dating a tutor. In my non-case, there were questions of abuse of power :facepalm:

If a lecturer came onto me, I'd not be impressed at all. Well, most tutors, that is :ninja:
Reply 8
I think it's ok if they are not teaching you. It's like can you work with your relative? Yes, but you should not work at the same place together. Same company another branch is ok.
i don't see the problem, though the lecturer can't let it effect any marks or anything and you should probably keep it a secret until you're not being taught by them anymore
With my own, lecturers I wouldn't, but with one of the ones in a different department I would have no problems with it.

Though the one im thinking of actually asked his head of department what would happen if he had a relationship with a student and she said that it was fine with her as long as it wasnt one of his students, if it was one of his students then he would have to tell her so that she could take over the marking of their work. But that was all...
I suppose it might be different if he wasnt just a temprary lecteur.
I really feel like roaring like a lion at this thread.
Hey guys,

Thanks!

I can't imagine dating any of my lecturers but someone who was in my year dated hers and is now living with him. If they are youngish I don't it's a problem. You're both adults it's not as weird as if you were school age.
(edited 13 years ago)

Hey guys,

Thanks!

No.
Reply 14
I don't see any problem with it unless they're in charge of marking any of your coursework or something like that. There's definitely nothing morally wrong with dating your lecturer/tutor.
What would be wrong is your lecturer giving you a better grade.

If a lecturer came onto me, I would be extremely flattered and excited!!! :biggrin:
Depending on the lecturer of course. I fancy 2 lecturers and a tutor right now lol
I have absolutely zero problems but if you are in a relationship with a lecturer they should be forbidden from grading your work.
Reply 16
Adan u knob stop looking at this thread and ask your lecturer out :wink:
Reply 17
Hey guys,

Thanks!
This is aimed at girls dating male lecturers, right? I have never EVER heard of a guy who dated a female lecturer.
Reply 18
Original post by Bassetts
This is aimed at girls dating male lecturers, right? I have never EVER heard of a guy who dated a female lecturer.

Lol should tell my mate the bad news then aha and have we revived this thread?
No. I think it's way too risky. What if they break up with you and then they start being arsey to you? Or you break up with them and then they start picking on you etc? Or your classmates find out and treat you differently. So many cons. The balance of power would be too off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending