Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

im at uni atm and almost def im leaving before xmas. im at sussex uni and have just found uni in general to be a bit overrated and am really unhappy at my uni and with my course i will def reapply next year tho to do another course (one which i like) at a different uni in 2006. Just a few general questions rly....

does ne one else feel the same?/considering leaving uni and re-applying next year 2?

any one who has done it and found it good/bad either way?

ne one who could suggest a uni they're at that they actually like?
    (a lot of ppl seem to be unhappy with their uni on this board)

any comments wud b much appreciated

cheers

ReputationRep:
    I think that people have high expectations of Uni, everyone says how great it is and everything, then when you get there it can be a let down for various reason's. It could be the first time you've been on your own having to make new friends, new course, new City, it's all so different. I think you have to adjust mentally to it all and it takes time. Is your course not what you expected? Do you really dislike your Uni so much? Why not try alittle longer with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N123)
    Hi all,

im at uni atm and almost def im leaving before xmas. im at sussex uni and have just found uni in general to be a bit overrated and am really unhappy at my uni and with my course i will def reapply next year tho to do another course (one which i like) at a different uni in 2006. Just a few general questions rly....

does ne one else feel the same?/considering leaving uni and re-applying next year 2?

cheers
    If you are really unhappy there is no point staying. It will only get worse. However make sure you speak to someone at the uni about how youre feeling, they may be able to help.

Also, considering the UCAS deadline is Jan 15th for applying next year, you need to decide rather quickly if you think you will apply for 2006 entry. I dropped out mid october and have found it quite hard getting it all sorted out - getting another UCAS form, personal statement and researching unis like before. Ive only just began making my final choices and I still feel a bit rushed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N123)
    Hi all,

cheers

I dropped out of uni (Kent) last year to change to Sussex, and I'm really happy here, so I don't think you should go on personal opinions of a university (although obviously they can help); at the end of the day, it's pretty impossible to find a university that suits 100% of people all the time.

What don't you like about Sussex? What course are you doing?

When I dropped out of Kent I was absolutely certain that the course wasn't going to get any better and fortunately the process went pretty smoothly...I just reapplied through UCAS and chose Sussex as my favourite. I then worked for 9 months and got a good amount of money behind me for starting uni again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy with my university (Plymouth) - I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Kent and I love it if your sure its what u want to do then do it! But make sure u wont regret ur decision.x

ReputationRep:
    What course are you doing/hoping to do next year? That kind of affects which unis are a good place to be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coraliescott)
    I'm at Kent and I love it if your sure its what u want to do then do it! But make sure u wont regret ur decision.x
    I have nothing against Kent at all...it's a nice university - the course just wasn't right for me.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.