Turn on thread page Beta

what type of music do u prefer??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Scotto)
    Hiphop, rnb + Dance is the evolution of music, its nice to listen to creativity and hear different sounds, rather than the comfortableness, warm jumper, tartan slipperness of your other catagories, of which nothing will ever change.
    Key words: In my opinion

Always useful

ReputationRep:
    hardcore, old skool, hardstyle, techno, hard trance, drum n bass, breaks, indie (a bit), funky house, general pop crap, cheesy dance (but not flip and fill!!), motown, and other old stuff (mum and dad music-that sort of thing)

ReputationRep:
    Cheese!!!!

To prove it, I'm listening to Like A Prayer now!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poica)
    Key words: In my opinion

Always useful
    Well obviously : )

I dont have a cult of people at my personal call yet, but as soon as I do, the first task will be to bring me beer.

ReputationRep:
    post-rock

ReputationRep:
    I'm into a lot of things. I'm a big fan of the indiepop though <3

ReputationRep:
    Im Indie, the odd bit of emo(how sad ) and cheese ie December 69, Dolly Parton 9 to 5 and Chesney Hawkes I am the one and Only. Love it.

metal

ReputationRep:
    oh and sweet home alabama totally does it for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    I'm into a lot of things. I'm a big fan of the indiepop though <3
    Stuff like the Kiesiers, Artick Monkeys, Bloc Party etc? If so you should go to the NME awards tour. I saw the Killers, Bloc Party, Futureheads and a small unknown band called the Kiesier Chiefs there.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and that Kate Turnstall girl, i think I want to sleep with her. har har! yeah bizarre really.
    My guidence teacher told me this once ' sort yourself out before you wreck yourself.' So yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Stuff like the Kiesiers, Artick Monkeys, Bloc Party etc? If so you should go to the NME awards tour. I saw the Killers, Bloc Party, Futureheads and a small unknown band called the Kiesier Chiefs there.

No. I like Arctic Monkeys from that list, but not the others. In fact, I loathe the Kaiser Chiefs. I don't really like the NME either... I've been to one NME Awards tour in my life, it was alright, but I only liked one of the bands. The other ones I knew I didn't like very much before I got there.

things like Belle & Sebastian, The Wedding Present, Teenage Fanclub, and the like

ReputationRep:
    A lil bit of nething really. A nice big mixed bowl of music salad!!!

Dont you all agree that a good song should be regardless of genre?

I do think the choices in the poll are slightly limited and doesnt cater for everyone really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Just thought I'd mention here, I was involved in this research experiment last year where we were trying to find out which type of music is the best to listen too during, before and after revision for a test/exam. After interviewing and sending out questionnaires to hundreds of students aged between 16 and 24, we found that those who listened to classical and opera music achieved the best grades/marks. Next it was rock music etc.... last was hip hop/rap music.
    and mozart is meant to be best I find tchkovsky's (although I cant spell it) is best - the fifth syphony best I know it so well I can ignore it and concentrate on work - thus ignoring any conversations

ReputationRep:
    Are folk saying that the kind of music makes you do better? Thats silly. People who listen to classoical are likely to be more cultured and smarter in the first place- i know thats a stereotype but thats what im putting forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    Are folk saying that the kind of music makes you do better? Thats silly. People who listen to classoical are likely to be more cultured and smarter in the first place- i know thats a stereotype but thats what im putting forward.
    not better really. I find that people who listen to classical music can have a longer concentration span - this may be linked to the length of classcal music - instead of listening to a three minute Verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus modulation chorus, the people are listening to 10 minute movements, in baroque music still quite regulated you know exposition (1st and second subject) developement and recapitulation with centern modulations through-out to Romantic music where you can listen to a longer symphony or opera and have to spend time trying to find the motifs/ idee fixes and listening to the different varients. I dont have a clue if that made sense to you - basically classical music is longer so listeners may have to concentrate for longer

however I stress this is my own theory, it may or may not be true - it is just what I have found.

Music has several good points - children who study an instrument could be smarter or at an advantage to someone who doesn't becuase of the skills involved. Angain a theory - UI oculd write a lot more but I am menat to be doing my history work! If you are interested - I could pm with explanations

ReputationRep:
    you gotta love hip hop... now im into underground hip hop... but still cant stand UK hip hop coz its just wack...

ReputationRep:
    What happened to classical in that poll? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Metal is my preferred genre of music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel)
    What happened to classical in that poll? :rolleyes:
    please tell me your being sarcastic...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.