Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone says that about how I'm from the north and why the hell I get so cold!Since I've been here I cannot cope at all with the cold but when I was in York I could go outside in mid-winter without a coat....grrr.

It definitely comes to something when you're sat inside....SHIVERING.

I was going to go swimming but the mere thought of it is horrible....I'm going to go to the gym later...warm me up a bit!

--------------

(Original post by darth_vader05)
    it was -1 degrees on friday when i went to college :eek:

i dont mind the cold when im outside but when i'm inside i hate it when everyone leave doors open :hmpf:
    Ugh,it pisses me off when my flatmates leave the kitchen window wide open!They do it all the freaking time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrychocolate)
    Ugh,it pisses me off when my flatmates leave the kitchen window wide open!They do it all the freaking time!
    my sister never closes the door after her and i always have to get up and slam it for good measure! like now :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i put the hob on if its cold in the kitchen, all 4 rings at full heat you cant have the kitchen window closed even when its cold cos it gets well stale

ReputationRep:
    Yes,but they leave it open all night and all the time.I mean come on,keep some of the heat in people!

ReputationRep:
    'Tis verrrry cold, but I love it.

ReputationRep:
    CHAT would be particularly displeased...

ReputationRep:
    well my mum hardly ever puts the heating on, but at least finally she has :mad: normally it doesnt ever go on til xmas, shes never cold!!! :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    is it ALOT colder than it normally is at this time of year?
    It's not that bad - I went surfing today for a couple hours and it was quite nice actually (sun out / blue skies).

ReputationRep:
    Everyone says that about how I'm from the north and why the hell I get so cold!Since I've been here I cannot cope at all with the cold but when I was in York I could go outside in mid-winter without a coat....grrr.

It definitely comes to something when you're sat inside....SHIVERING.

I was going to go swimming but the mere thought of it is horrible....I'm going to go to the gym later...warm me up a bit!

--------------

Ive never seen so many things I can relate to in one post before!!

I was the same up north, cold weather was never a problem... even though it's colder up there! -2 bothers me a lot more down here than it did up there, even though it feels colder up there!! find the logic in that if you can!

I was shivering in here all of yesterday. Stupid flat doesn't have double glazing! It's weird, I can go outside to play American football and not bother about it being cold, but I'll sit in here and shiver myself silly!

I've been trying to get back into swimming too. I used to ride down to the pool in the summer but that's definitely not happening in this weather. Struggling to generate enough interest to drive down and jump into a cold pit of water!

And yes yes yes, my flatmate is always leaving the windows open... even in this weather!! Some people just make no sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Ive never seen so many things I can relate to in one post before!!

I was the same up north, cold weather was never a problem... even though it's colder up there! -2 bothers me a lot more down here than it did up there, even though it feels colder up there!! find the logic in that if you can!

I was shivering in here all of yesterday. Stupid flat doesn't have double glazing! It's weird, I can go outside to play American football and not bother about it being cold, but I'll sit in here and shiver myself silly!

I've been trying to get back into swimming too. I used to ride down to the pool in the summer but that's definitely not happening in this weather. Struggling to generate enough interest to drive down and jump into a cold pit of water!

And yes yes yes, my flatmate is always leaving the windows open... even in this weather!! Some people just make no sense!
    Haha.The swimming pool/gym is right next to where I live.I can get there but getting in the pool is a major issue.It might be different type of air that makes it seem colder or something...I don't know.

What I do know is I had a shower about an hour ago,stepped out and I swear to god the steam had hit the floor and turned to ice!

ReputationRep:
    it's so cold in my house that i'm wearing my coat. and that's with the heating on!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaytus)
    it's so cold in my house that i'm wearing my coat. and that's with the heating on!!!
    :eek: Why is it so goddamned cold?!I'm not entirely sure how I am going to survive tonight...Friday night I moved my bed so it was next to the radiator...now I would do this again but it's difficult to move it back.

I've got such a sore throat....grr,damn weather.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Why is it so goddamned cold?!I'm not entirely sure how I am going to survive tonight...Friday night I moved my bed so it was next to the radiator...now I would do this again but it's difficult to move it back.

I've got such a sore throat....grr,damn weather.
    Awww, have you not got loads of covers you can throw on your bed? And a hot water bottle?

ReputationRep:
    I have a duvet and a throw thingy...but it's still icy cold when I get in.Then when I roll over or something...back to being cold!Lol.No hot water bottle.I think when I go home at Christmas I am going to be collecting my electric blanket!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer it to the rain. If it was freezing and rained, then I would cry.

ReputationRep:
    I hope there is a White Christmas...

ReputationRep:
    its actually TOO COLD for it to snow it said so on the news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syntax)
    I prefer it to the rain. If it was freezing and rained, then I would cry.
    God freezing rain is THE WORST.

--------------

(Original post by Kaytus)
    its actually TOO COLD for it to snow it said so on the news!
    Seriously?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?!
    YES!

ReputationRep:
    it is really cold i normally get away with a jacket and maybe a jumper but now am gonna have to scrape money together to buy a proper winter coat

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.