The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I usually use 'I don't want to go' - always seems to work. :dontknow:
just say you cant be bothered/ too tired if she doesnt know you that well why should she mind?
Don't have ID.

Parents wont let you out.

Ill... (Swine flu?)

Too much work

Too tired

No money

Lost oyster card...?

Want too have an early night

You 'forgot'

Fake tan has gone too orange and can't come

Nothing to wear

Ummm....

:smile:
Reply 4
Sometimes parties where you know nobody are the best! Why not just go?

If you really don't want to, say you're ill... Get your mum to back you up or whatever, if you need to :p:
Original post by Rozap

Work the next morning? Illness? Schoolwork? Or if you're feeling crazy, the truth?

Original post by Rozap
Ah I usually use the nan's birthday excuse but since it's your cousin that won't work.. just say you're highly infectious.

It's his cousin, not a great idea to use a "relative's birthday" excuse on another relative =P
Reply 6
Don't be so boring, you could meet some new people and have a **** load of fun!
Original post by Rozap

Original post by Rozap
that's why i said "but it's your cousin so that won't work" ... hooray for reading a whole sentence!

Sorry XD
Reply 8
Original post by chris_d
My cousin is having her 18th party tomorrow, but I really don't want to go because I will not know anyone, and I hardly speak to her anyway (last time I did was over 2 years ago).

Does anyone have any excuses I can use? I'm currently ill so that might be one.

Washing your hair?
Counting the bristles on your toothbrush?
Mowing the lawn with tweezers?
An object got lost in your arse, and you are trying to pull it out and can't go anywhere. that'll work!
lol how bad can it be to go
you might meet some 'hot tings'

but yeah the standard 'my cat is giving birth' should do the trick..
Reply 11
'I have to work that night'? :dontknow: It's not exactly something anyone could argue with.
Original post by chris_d
My cousin is having her 18th party tomorrow, but I really don't want to go because I will not know anyone, and I hardly speak to her anyway (last time I did was over 2 years ago).

Think you may have found your answer in your post.
Reply 13
Maybe just go for an hour or two? Then they can't get annoyed at you for not turning up :s-smilie:
I'm missing an 18th tomorrow because I genuinely feel ill. Why not just say you're not feeling well?
Original post by chris_d

Man up and tell the truth? :dontknow:
Unless you've got better plans, go. If it's ****, make your excuses and leave, don't be so miserable man. If you don't know people, meet people.
Reply 17
Can I go instead? Is she fit?
Reply 18
If you're not naturally outgoing, it's actually very difficult to just turn up at a party and be expected to have a laugh with absolutely everybody. I think you people are being narrow minded and unfair.

On topic: there is no legal requirement to attend, is there? If the only person you know at this party is your cousin (the party is in her honour in any case) and haven't spoken to her in two years then I'd be tempted not to bother, giving that as an excuse. Sounds harsh but it never held me back :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by secret_geek
Don't have ID.

Parents wont let you out.

Ill... (Swine flu?)

Too much work

Too tired

No money

Lost oyster card...?

Want too have an early night

You 'forgot'

Fake tan has gone too orange and can't come

Nothing to wear

Ummm....

:smile:

I was going to add my suggestion, but seems like the expert is already here :tongue: