Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota)
    Maybe this is the case .. she always had a soft spot for me, and cared and defended me in many things.

But the reason I think otherwise is mainly because, she doesn't normally talk to me directly and never makes eye-contact with me, unless needed ~ hmmm.
    Is she a shy girl? I'm normally not too shy in person, but if I like a guy (although sadly its been AGES since i've been in this scenario lol) I find it a little harder to make eye contact. Girls are generally like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    Because we should be facing his dilemma not what they thought, if he don't care niether should we!
    meh :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psycho(logist))
    JUST tell her it doesn't matter anymore because you don't care about the girl.

You need to let her know that there isn't anyone else in the picture, otherwise if she does fancy you now, she won't soon, thinking that it's not worth it to like a guy who has his heart set on someone else.
    I think basically, she feels sorry for me.

And for that reason, there is no way possible that she will ever fancy/go out with me .

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. I can aswell, but then, she might get a bit upset? ...
    No way! If she's crazy maybe she'd get upset? Actually she might like that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Dekota here's a great big hug from me!:hugs:
    Aww sweet :p: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Is she a shy girl? I'm normally not too shy in person, but if I like a guy (although sadly its been AGES since i've been in this scenario lol) I find it a little harder to make eye contact. Girls are generally like that
    agree, shes probaly just shy and took the oppotunity to chat to you @ the trip

ReputationRep:

And for that reason, there is no way possible that she will ever fancy/go out with me .

lol what are you basing that on?? Why would she feel sorry for you... there's no reason for her to... right?

ReputationRep:
    I've not liked anyone for aaaaaaaages either!

Dekota if you've only chatted to her for a hour maybe you SHOULD get to know her it's better to do that than anything else, becasue if she wasn't what you expected then itll break your heart again.

ReputationRep:
    Is she a shy girl?
    I told her on that night, that I'm shy etc. and she also said she's shy but I don't think she is, because normally she's talking to other people, answering questions in class, 'socially advanced'.

I'm normally not too shy in person, but if I like a guy (although sadly its been AGES since i've been in this scenario lol) I find it a little harder to make eye contact. Girls are generally like that
    Could be, but normally I can even feel it if someone feels something like that for me, but this one I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    I've not liked anyone for aaaaaaaages either!

Dekota if you've only chatted to her for a hour maybe you SHOULD get to know her it's better to do that than anything else, becasue if she wasn't what you expected then itll break your heart again.
    Good point! If you don't know her all that well and are already making threads about her... :p:

Poison Ivy: it's seriously been almost 2 years for me now. I think there's something wrong with me... maybe my biological clock has finished ticking :laugh:

--------------

I told her on that night, that I'm shy etc. and she also said she's shy but I don't think she is, because normally she's talking to other people, answering questions in class, 'socially advanced'.

Could be, but normally I can even feel it if someone feels something like that for me, but this one I'm not sure.
    Yeah some girls are tricky like that though. :rolleyes:

If she's normally "socially advanced" and with you seems shy... that should be like an alarm going off. Girls that normally aren't shy but act shy around you - this doesn't require much interpretations, nor can there be various misleading reasons.

She vaannnts yooouu

oh by the way, when was the last time you talked/what did you talk about/was it awkward?

ReputationRep:
    Biological clock I should be the one worried it's bee three yrs and not liked anyone and just waiting aroun for somone

ReputationRep:

maybe she only chats to other people a lot and socially advanced is that they talk to her first? Why not you make the first move and talk to her when you see her again, then maybe she'll open up more?

ReputationRep:
    She vaannnts yooouu
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    She's actually a different religion to me, which makes a significant difference, makes it harder aswell.

In that one hour she was really trying to get to know me better, she asked ...
    how many siblings I had, date of birth etc. that is possibly something...

Tell me this; could this all be some sort of psycho-analysis technique she was using on me, to see how good of a psychiatrist she is? (she studies psycho)

ReputationRep:
    Do they really not posess any psychic powers? Meaning even a little bit, in the sense that when a guy fancies her, she knows that he does without him having to tell her...
    Dekota, I think I know a little about you...considering.

Firstly, stop faking who you are. You deserve a slap for that.
    Secondly, you could try letting the girl know who you really are, instead of your concocted personalities all the time.
    Thirdly, yes girls do have sixth senses.
    Fourthly, stop trying to "flirt" with many girls at once, but pick one.

ReputationRep:
    Biological clock I should be the one worried it's bee three yrs and not liked anyone and just waiting aroun for somone
    It's because we have unusually high standards, that's wot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    maybe she only chats to other people a lot and socially advanced is that they talk to her first? Why not you make the first move and talk to her when you see her again, then maybe she'll open up more?
    I can see this just now .. me walking up2 her tomorrow and saying hey, and she'll be like 'do I know you?'

ReputationRep:

Well, just be her friend first and foremost, and see how things progress.

ReputationRep:
    She's actually a different religion to me, which makes a significant difference, makes it harder aswell.

In that one hour she was really trying to get to know me better, she asked ...
    how many siblings I had, date of birth etc. that is possibly something...

Tell me this; could this all be some sort of psycho-analysis technique she was using on me, to see how good of a psychiatrist she is? (she studies psycho)

:eek: She's a psychiatrist?!? How old is she, like 30??

ReputationRep:
    I can see this just now .. me walking up2 her tomorrow and saying hey, and she'll be like 'do I know you?'
    awwww she wont think that! From what you have said about her being really talkative and asking you loads of questions about you..etc she'll remeber you straight up! And then you get the convo starting

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.