Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota)
    She's actually a different religion to me, which makes a significant difference, makes it harder aswell.

In that one hour she was really trying to get to know me better, she asked ...
    how many siblings I had, date of birth etc. that is possibly something...

Tell me this; could this all be some sort of psycho-analysis technique she was using on me, to see how good of a psychiatrist she is? (she studies psycho)
    Does she study psychology? or maybe because of your shyness she wnats to get to know you better or she culd be plain nosey lol!
    And what religion are you?

Actually how old are you? if you younger then 20 then your still young you got your whole life ahead of you! then again 20 is young too if you were like 25 then I'd start thinking. (Am I chatting crap again?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psycho(logist))
    oh by the way, when was the last time you talked/what did you talk about/was it awkward?
    yeah just yesterday, well this morning I made a bit of eye-contact with her and thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    It's because we have unusually high standards, that's wot.
    Hmmm true but then I'm not that bad, I'm quite open minded!

ReputationRep:
    She's actually a different religion to me, which makes a significant difference, makes it harder aswell.

In that one hour she was really trying to get to know me better, she asked ...
    how many siblings I had, date of birth etc. that is possibly something...

Tell me this; could this all be some sort of psycho-analysis technique she was using on me, to see how good of a psychiatrist she is? (she studies psycho)
    either way, it'll be easy for you to go up and talk to her now, even if you two didn't ever really talk before. just say hey when you pass her, start up a conversation. then you have more conversations, and you get to know her better, etc. etc. it would probably be better to not jump straight to telling her you like her. it sounds cliche, but take it slow.

ReputationRep:
    It takes years of training to learn the art of psychoanalysis... if she's anywhere around 19/20 then trust me although she may be studying psychology, she won't be able to infer all that much.

So you need not worry about things like that. Psychologists aren't mind readers - I think the only reason she was asking you about your siblings, date of birth etc. was to show you that she was genuinely interested in knowing you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    Does she study psychology?
    yes, and I'm quite positive, I was one of her 'experimental gunea pigs' to which she so calmly applied her techniques on - well she failed.
    or maybe because of your shyness she wnats to get to know you better or she culd be plain nosey lol!
    Could be.
    And what religion are you?
    Hindu, she's Muslim. Her religions proper strict on these things.

Actually how old are you?
    if you younger then 20 then your still young you got your whole life ahead of you!
    It's not like I want the love, it's like I want to get to know her better, but don't know how to/ when to ?
    Am I chatting crap again?
    yes. j/k!

ReputationRep:
    yes, and I'm quite positive, I was one of her 'experimental gunea pigs' to which she so calmly applied her techniques on - well she failed.

Could be.

Hindu, she's Muslim. Her religions proper strict on these things.

It's not like I want the love, it's like I want to get to know her better, but don't know how to/ when to ?

yes. j/k!
    lmfao.... ya crazyy boy... she's not using you as a guinea pig! Give her a break, she doesn't have motives on the side.

Hindu and Muslim... :eek: ... I hope her parents are pretty damn liberal...

ReputationRep:
    Hindu and Muslim... :eek: ... I hope her parents are pretty damn liberal...
    Told ya, I just want friendship!

ReputationRep:
    lol! psycho(logist)

ReputationRep:
    you can still get friendship even if she is a different religion!
    I'm Muslim and i have many friends (boys + girls) from different religions.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just stick to friendship, for the time being and do it when she's alone or when there's eye contact say summink then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dede)
    it sounds cliche, but take it slow.
    I don't see her much, I only have one subject lesson with her (Bio) and even then we don't talk. And worst of, in less than 9 months, I'll be going Uni and never seeing her.

ReputationRep:
    You are so confusing. I'm not even her, and you've got me frustrated :confused:

Just friendship? Then vat tha prablem is???

Ask her out to coffee. Coffee is bloody expensive when you buy it every day, I wouldn't mind a guy offering to buy me a cuppa... and hey... it'll give you an excuse to talk :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't see her much, I only have one subject lesson with her (Bio) and even then we don't talk. And worst of, in less than 9 months, I'll be going Uni and never seeing her.
    aww then just build up a friendship and then when you start Uni you both have eachothers contact numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Do you think Muslims have a different tendency to people of other religion be it for the prupose of friendship/relationship etc?

So would it be an advantage if I were the same religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    you can still get friendship even if she is a different religion!
    WORD up! Actually I find I get along much better with hindu/sikh guys than muslim guys....... perhaps because all the muslim guys here are (censored) :mad:

ReputationRep:
    You are so confusing. I'm not even her, and you've got me frustrated :confused:

Just friendship? Then vat tha prablem is???

Ask her out to coffee. Coffee is bloody expensive when you buy it every day, I wouldn't mind a guy offering to buy me a cuppa... and hey... it'll give you an excuse to talk :rolleyes:

As far as I know it don't work like that within an Asian society.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Muslims have a different tendency to people of other religion be it for the prupose of friendship/relationship etc?

Nope!! As long as it's purely a just-friends basis you wouldn't have any advantage no matter what religion you are.... buuut.... when it comes to relationships....

just um. Make sure her dad doesn't own a gun.

ReputationRep:

Doesn't really matter what religion your friends are!

Only advantage i can think of as having friends from the same religion is that you both have something similar to chat about and follow (belief). But nevertheless, relgion doesnt effect whether being friends with someone or not.

ReputationRep:
    Nope!! As long as it's purely a just-friends basis you wouldn't have any advantage no matter what religion you are.... buuut.... when it comes to relationships....

just um. Make sure her dad doesn't own a gun.

LMAO

Are you muslim psy?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.