Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psycho(logist))
    Ask her out to coffee. Coffee is bloody expensive when you buy it every day, I wouldn't mind a guy offering to buy me a cuppa... and hey... it'll give you an excuse to talk :rolleyes:
    Yeah, but as I said I'm also shy and also insecure at the moment.
    I wouldn't know what to say to a girl like that, unless it were the purpose of arguement.

As an aside; yesterday she also said while I was sleeping; she likes gay people, as they have more personality- hence are more interesting. - This implies that she isn't really keen on shy people.

My friend also betrayed me last year by stealing all the girls in sixth form and not talking to me from there on.

ReputationRep:
    Nope!! As long as it's purely a just-friends basis you wouldn't have any advantage no matter what religion you are.... buuut.... when it comes to relationships....

just um. Make sure her dad doesn't own a gun.

:toofunny:
    Islam is against honour killings. It depends how much the girl is religious, and if she believes in a relationship with someone with a different religion but parents preferable want their kids to have a relationship with the same religion :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    Doesn't really matter what religion your friends are!

Only advantage i can think of as having friends from the same religion is that you both have something similar to chat about and follow (belief). But nevertheless, relgion doesnt effect whether being friends with someone or not.
    She wears a hijab and looks religious (she looked so sexy without her hijab last night )
    Should I take her out and talk about her religion tomorrow? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota)

My friend also betrayed me last year by stealing all the girls in sixth form and not talking to me from there on.

Stealing all the girls?

Dekota honey I think you should go and rest your head and wake up fresh tomorrow and tell us what you want exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poison Ivy)
    LMAO

Are you muslim psy?

lol... that I am

ReputationRep:
    Well mate you can only get as close as being mates with her if she's a hijabi.

--------------

lol... that I am
    Then I know how you feel, darn the muslim dudes on here lol1

ReputationRep:
    She wears a hijab and looks religious (she looked so sexy without her hijab last night )
    i also wear the Hijab she took it off last night?? :confused:
    (Original post by dekota)

why not

ReputationRep:
    wtf.. she's a hijabi and you saw her w/out hijab? *shock* how SCANDALOUS

and um.... avoid religious conversation if possible... at least until you guys become better friends. A hindu guy in highschool tried to use that as a way to get the convo going with me once; let's just say we haven't spoken from that day onwards.

It's easy to make slipups in a topic like that... end up offending the other person... etc.

ReputationRep:
    Stealing all the girls?

Dekota honey I think you should go and rest your head and wake up fresh tomorrow and tell us what you want exactly!
    It's not like I'm after them or anything, just that my friend has changed so much after hanging around with girls and the girl I like that I'm angry, jeolous, and kind of depressed.

ReputationRep:
    Well mate you can only get as close as being mates with her if she's a hijabi.

--------------

Then I know how you feel, darn the muslim dudes on here lol1
    Oh not just on here my dear.

'TIS A WORLD WIDE ISSUE

sadly

ReputationRep:
    i also wear the Hijab she took it off last night?? :confused:
    Why don't you take it of, when you're about to go to sleep? It was midnight ...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here, with the world wide issue

Dekota your confusing me what do you mean by beign angry jealous etc?

ReputationRep:
    yes of course.... but to another guy? hell no. Unless i was married, or it was cousin/brother/dad

ReputationRep:
    Still in front of guys she should've kept it on till she wnet to her room where there are NO BOYS!!

ReputationRep:
    Still in front of guys she should've kept it on till she wnet to her room where there are NO BOYS!!
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    yes of course.... but to another guy? hell no. Unless i was married, or it was cousin/brother/dad

Yeah it's kind of this thing where you don't take it off in front of other guys unless its your brother, your father or significant other.

But ya know. To each her own... i suppose.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Dekota your confusing me what do you mean by beign angry jealous etc?
    Err ... he takes different girls out every lunch and they happily go with him
    ........he doesn't talk to me
    ........he's got the social life
    ........they both do pyschology and DT.
    ........He's got way more personality than me, even though the converse was true when he used to be my friend last year.

ReputationRep:
    tsk tsk.... I'm telling

ReputationRep:
    I mean what's the point of wearing one in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    Err ... he takes different girls out every lunch and they happily go with him
    ........he doesn't talk to me
    ........he's got the social life
    ........they both do pyschology and DT.
    ........He's got way more personality than me, even though the converse was true when he used to be my friend last year.

So change it. What's the problem

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.