Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted A*A*A for A level but have been thinking about going to Sheffield Hallam for History. My friends think I'm mental but I fell in love with the uni when I went there ( was visiting family around there and my cousin goes there so I went to have a look )

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Go there if you want.

Though have you looked at any other unis? You never know, you might 'fall in love' with them too.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think that you should consider looking around others to, as the poster above says, you may find you love them too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogmeat123)
    I am predicted A*A*A for A level but have been thinking about going to Sheffield Hallam for History. My friends think I'm mental but I fell in love with the uni when I went there ( was visiting family around there and my cousin goes there so I went to have a look )

What should I do?

There's nothing wrong with Sheffield Hallam, but you have the potential to go to a university that will challenge yourself more. Have a look at other universities, you will definitely find some you like. A 'better' university will give you better job prospects, a better degree and will mean you are surrounded by people who are on your academic level and may interest you and push you more.

No disrespect to Hallam. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogmeat123)

What should I do?
    Look around some other places before you set your heart on just one.You never know what you might be missing. Then if you still think Sheffield Hallam is your favourite, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    The only person this decision affects is you. So if thats what you want to do- fine! But you have five choices on UCAS, might as well fill them all up & see how you feel in a few months time when you have offers?

ReputationRep:
    What about the University of Sheffield?

ReputationRep:
    you'll only be at Sheffield Hallam for 3-4 years....going to a better uni will give you opportunities for life.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.