How to pull this off (AQA economics) Watch

novadragon849
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everyone just got back my Jan results and they were quite mediocre to say the least.

ECON 1 - 60%
ECON 2 - 72%

I got ECON 3 and ECON 4 in June and just applied to resit ECON 1 again.

I self teach and got no resources except revision guides and textbooks.

I got the Phillip Allan Update revision guides for all 4 units and the AQA economics Nelson Thornes textbook for A2.

I was wondering if anyone can give out tips on how to nail A2. Personally I'm aiming to get an A but a B will suffice.

I'm not sure what happened on ECON 1 but I must have screwed up badly on the MCQ's or the big 25 marker, but hopefully this time round I can get a A and pull my average AS grade up to an A or high B.

How hard is it to get 80% on ECON 3 and 4 and is the Nelson Thornes textbook along with the revision guides enough?

Any tips are welcome

Edit: Ignore the sig on the bottom, I'm using my brothers account and hes at uni so it dont make sense
yunghamz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by novadragon849)
Hey everyone just got back my Jan results and they were quite mediocre to say the least.

ECON 1 - 60%
ECON 2 - 72%

I got the Phillip Allan Update revision guides for all 4 units and the AQA economics Nelson Thornes textbook for A2.

I was wondering if anyone can give out tips on how to nail A2. Personally I'm aiming to get an A but a B will suffice.

I'm not sure what happened on ECON 1 but I must have screwed up badly on the MCQ's or the big 25 marker, but hopefully this time round I can get a A and pull my average AS grade up to an A or high B.

How hard is it to get 80% on ECON 3 and 4 and is the Nelson Thornes textbook along with the revision guides enough?

Any tips are welcome

Edit: Ignore the sig on the bottom, I'm using my brothers account and hes at uni so it dont make sense
I used this revision guide and found it very effective http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-A2-Econo..._bxgy_b_text_b. For extra material i used the tutor2u website http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics, especially the blog and revision presentations.
llamalad200
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

ECON 1 - 60%
ECON 2 - 72%

Any tips are welcome

despite what people say, i found that unit 3 and i'm finding that unit 4 is actually easier than unit 1 and 2. this is because you find that you simply have learnt more, so you can write more. anyway, maybe it's just me preferring lots of essays rather than the silly multiple choice nonsense.

i got:

unit 1: 73
unit 2: 73
unit 3: 89

haven't done unit 4 yet but it's a fantastic unit.

i only need 85 for an A in the next unit without a retake which should be doable.

in all i wouldn't worry yet! worry if you actually do bad in your 3 and 4 units
llamalad200
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh btw! use real life examples and case studies. E.g. on a monopoly question write about itunes and how apple is a real life example of a monopoly in the music industry (you get marks for using real-world examples).
cccdude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

ECON 1 - 60%
ECON 2 - 72%

Any tips are welcome

Im Taking Them Both In June Aswell.. Dreading It.. Econ3 Is Such A Hard Exam!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?