ashenhurst Watch

Marvin90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,
does anybody know something about the ashenhurst?
Is it a good place to stay?
lizziebeth91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ive got mates living there now. And they hate it.
Zuxan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by liddieb18)
I've applied there (im going to be a fresher in september). Scared me reading all the terrible reviews about it but since they were from over 5 years ago I thought I'd go visit it. And I was surprised at how nice it was! It doesn't look scary at all, the rooms are nice and so are the kitchens. Just an average student accomadation. Of course, there is the issue with sharing a loo but I didn't mind that to save about 500 quid a year! Its the cheapest accom, only 15 min walk from town (or 5 min bus) and you pay for what you get really, not saying its amazing, and of course I haven't lived there yet... but just don't want people 2 listen 2 the stuff written here! If you want to know what accomadations like, go visit it, ask people that work there, dont listen 2 students coz from my experience they seem far too fussy about everything! We're going to uni, not going to live in a palace 4gs! Lol x
How did you apply to it? I have sent off my £200 deposit with forms etc, but they haven't asked me where I want to stay yet!
Lovesuicide18
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Zuxan)
How did you apply to it? I have sent off my £200 deposit with forms etc, but they haven't asked me where I want to stay yet!
Sorry for late reply, I don't come on here much! You will get a copy of the contract back once you've sent that off. But you don't find out which house or room you're staying at until a week or two before we move in & after you've sent off the august pre-payment stuff. Hope this helps!
Zuxan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry for late reply, I don't come on here much! You will get a copy of the contract back once you've sent that off. But you don't find out which house or room you're staying at until a week or two before we move in & after you've sent off the august pre-payment stuff. Hope this helps!
Yeah thanks I got the paperwork in the post a week or so ago

Are you also staying at Ashenhurst?
Lovesuicide18
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Zuxan)
Yeah thanks I got the paperwork in the post a week or so ago

Are you also staying at Ashenhurst?
Yep I am.. I'm stayin in an all female one though :P What r u gonna be studyin at hudds? I'm gettin so excited now x
Zuxan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yep I am.. I'm stayin in an all female one though :P What r u gonna be studyin at hudds? I'm gettin so excited now x
I'll be doing Web Technologies, you?
littleneonpunk
Report 7 years ago
i stayed there and it was awful! its in a horrible area, the bus is always late, there have been brake ins and i didn't feel very safe.

id recommend anywhere else but ashenhurst!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.51%
No (556)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (188)
20.59%

Watched Threads