Turn on thread page Beta

Dissertation or two modules watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you a choice which one would you choose and why?

ReputationRep:
    Probably a dissertation. You get to choose exactly what you want and i prefer written work to exams

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for the 2 modules, assuming they're fully assessed by an exam. But that's just me, I hate dissertations. :/

ReputationRep:
    Dissertation because I want to look into my area if interest in more depth than standard modules allow

Plus, I'm a geek :woo: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    Dissertation because I want to look into my area if interest in more depth than standard modules allow

Plus, I'm a geek :woo: :ninja:
    Same It's hard work but I prefer it to modules on their own. It's much more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I have to make this choice next year.. but we have the option of doing a half dissertation or a full one. No idea which to pick to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I'd probably have preferred to take extra taught courses.

I've found the whole dissertation thing very stressful. That said, I am feeling a bit more positive now I am 4/5s of the way there and know that I will have one less exam because of it.

ReputationRep:
    Dissertation - producing a major piece of work is an important skill in a number of careers. Best off getting the practice.

ReputationRep:
    Dissertation. I am now doing both though! 2 modules with two essays each, first 2 were due March 7th (3,500 words each) and not worth anything, dissertation due March 21st (20 credits), (10-12000 words) second set of essays due April 4th and worth everything (5000 words each)(20 credits), so just the same as the dissertation. As you can imagine, I'm pretty much having a breakdown, as is my health.

I'll take the exam assessed module. I hate the dissertation structure, the writing up, make sure you reference properly or might get you into trouble etc etc Plus some times they give you a really boring subject to write a dissertation on.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.