Turn on thread page Beta

Any chance of getting into a VERY good uni with a foundation degree? watch

ReputationRep:
    There are various uni's which will take me to jump straight on to the 3rd year but they're still ex poly's. I don't mind jumping on the 2nd year of a decent uni - but i don't know if thats even possible.
    I'm about to finish off my fdsc in computing this year, i'm predicted a distinction.

ReputationRep:
    Decide which universities you might like to go to and call their admissions people.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the situation probably. My boyfriends doing a foundation degree with BA at York next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mantis117)
    There are various uni's which will take me to jump straight on to the 3rd year but they're still ex poly's. I don't mind jumping on the 2nd year of a decent uni - but i don't know if thats even possible.
    I'm about to finish off my fdsc in computing this year, i'm predicted a distinction.
    Slim. Financially, you are not as valuable as a Year 1 entrant to a new university. Also, don't knock ex-polys as 90%+ of all Fd's are accredited by them and the chances are they have allowed you to get this far.

I think you will be better off going to an ex poly. A foundation degree is really vocational and that is similar to an ex poly degree, so I think you will do better over there. If you get a good degree classification you can still do a Masters in a top university.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.