What to wear to a gig? Watch

tula baby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Im a girl who loves topshop and all things vintage! however i'v never been to a gig, i dont wear jeans and i love wearing heels when i go out, but i dont think thats going to be appropriate! iv never been to a gig before!! i was just wondering if someone could help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i dont know what to wear!! im a girly girl and love dresses???/ ohhh please help.. i dont want to stick out like a sore thumb
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What sort of gig is it?
Harry.C
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tula baby)
Im a girl who loves topshop and all things vintage!
oxy(moron).
Smelly Ellie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't wear heels (you will die of pain or get beaten up if you stand on someone).
I would also say don't wear layers and put your hair up because things tend to get a bit sweaty.
Hope that helps.
VictoriaG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends whether you're going to be dancing amongst everyone getting sweaty, or just chillin' out at the back of the crowd.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im a girl who loves topshop and all things vintage! however i'v never been to a gig, i dont wear jeans and i love wearing heels when i go out, but i dont think thats going to be appropriate! iv never been to a gig before!! i was just wondering if someone could help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i dont know what to wear!! im a girly girl and love dresses???/ ohhh please help.. i dont want to stick out like a sore thumb
Something comfortable that will keep you cool - Jeans and a top. Don't wear heels.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't wear heels! Please for the sake of people around you don't wear heels!

I normally wear high-waisted shorts and a baggy top (gig I went to on Tuesday I wore one of the Red Nose Day T-shirts, okay so I was cold queuing to get in while it was snowing, but when you want to be at the front of a gig, you know it's gonna get sweaty!)

Don't wear anything that doesn't wash well! apart from the sweat factor, you are likely to get alcohol chucked over you at some point.

At the end of the day though, some gigs/where you want to stand at a gig do affect your clothing choice! When I saw Owl City I was in a pretty floaty dress, because an Owl City gig isn't exactly full of people pushing, whereas Pendulum is a whole different story!
Alesha1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Like others have said, not a good idea to wear heels. As far as what else to wear, depends what type of gig it is. A baggy top with jeans or a skirt should be OK most places
Blondiee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
leggings and a baggy tee? and converse or something.
Stargazer23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really depends what type of gig you're going to, and who the artist is tbh
But like other people have said, do not wear heels :rolleyes:
Nicknak256
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Personally i'd wear something like this but with converse:
salement
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
just wear jeans, converse, vest top and take a jumper for when you get out afterwards coz you feel the cold after being stuck in a stuffy room.

Just keep it simple, comfortable and wear something your not fussed about getting wet with sweat and lager.
Philbert
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it helps, nobody is going to be looking at you.

I usually just wear jeans and a t-shirt and hold my jacket if it gets hot. If you don't wear jeans.. denim skirt and tights/leggings? As for heels, I suppose if you're not going to be moving around much/dancing then they're fine, I'd probably go for flats, though.
tula baby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Im seeing Kate Nash lol
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd wear high waisted shorts or skirt & a tshirt with work boots xx
infintywhirls
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im seeing Kate Nash lol
In which case, anything you want really but I would definitely recommend flats that will stay on (ie. probs not pumps unless they have a strap). Leggings and a long top?
Alesha1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Shouldn't matter what you wear really. I'm going to a gig a bit later [just a couple of local bands] & I'll be wearing what I've got on now. Hoodie, denim skirt & boots.
starryeyed
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what everyone else said about the heels - don't do it!! just something flat that will stay on.
jeans if you're not going to be jumping aroud, or maybe jeggings or shorts / skirt with tights if you are - then you'll be warm while you're queuing but not too boiling when you're in there. something to tie your hair up with because it might get pulled a bit/stuck to your neck - depending how hot it is in there! a t shirt / cami top or something like that, and make sure you bring something warm for afterwards.
hanaalou
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
leggings and a vest top?from past experience do NOT wear heels. you'll end up on the floor. don't wear too much- you'll be hot. and don't wear anything you really like because there's a chance it'll get ripped!
Accalia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends what kind of gig, and where you'll be.

If you're in standing, it's going to get hot. Very hot. But you don't want to go in there showing too much flesh, since you'll be crammed against a lot of other people (and sometimes they're drunk, too). If I'm in standing I'll usually wear a decent pair of shoes too, generally my Docs or my New Rocks (but depends what kind of band you're seeing, since you'd probably look out of place seeing Rihanna in 'Rocks). Don't wear something you love too much, because I generally end up soaked in other peoples' alcohol when I see bands

If you're in seated, it really doesn't matter all that much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed