It's like i'm on Ecstasy! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've been on Citalopram 20mg for the past 4 months or so, after a year of battling with depression and serious self esteen issues.
I started in October as the feelings of worthlessness, anger and depression were driving me INSANE. I also had six weeks of therapy / counselling and that helped too. When i was fist on it, i felt GREAT. Confidence was SKY HIGH, Anxiety is NON- EXISTENT. I just felt like i'd never felt before. I could talk to girls in clubs and just people in general without feeling any fear or panic.
I stopped just before christmas as i thought i'd gotten better but that was obivously a HUGE mistake. All the pain and suffering came back. Needless to say i went back on it after coming back to uni. I've been on it for almost 2 months now and it's manageable. It's not as good as before. The dosage is the same but i'm not afraid of girls. This is because i got rejected by this girl who i thought loved me. I mean she let me touch her anywhere and we also took pcitures where we looked like a real couple. That night she held my hand in a club and led me to the dancefloor.
WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW GREAT THAT FELT, THEY REALLY CANNOT.

I sometimes get really panicky especially when i have to go out in public. I once took three pills just to calm me down enought to get the train back home for the wekend. I felt SO relaxed and just calm. My pupils were also massively dilated and stayed like that for a while.

I'm seeing the doctor again on wednesday and i'd like him to up the dose as i don't feel it's working as good as before. I still get these really evil irrational thoughts at night and they keep me up literally all night.

Most of my issues are to do with women. I got rejected really badly at aged 14 & 17 and it took me ages to get over it. I also hate my sister who's punishing me for no reason and hasn't spoken to me for the past 3 or 4 years for no reason. I like my mum because she's my mum but she's also to blame as she's why i developed depression and social phobia in the first place. This is also why i don't like going home at all. I'd like to get more counselling as i feel it helped a lot. Would that be possible do you think?
I'ved noticed that the only time when i feel good is when i'm in lectures (sad i know) or i'm really engroessed in a book. Clubbing is just boring now and i'm not too keen on women for some reason. I still like women it's just that most of the time i'd rather just ignore them.

Citalopram just makes me feel GREAT when i take 3 or 4 pills. I just feel invincible. I'm not worried at all and i just feel that life will work out just fine for me. It's really just like being on Ecstasy.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh god help you when you stop taking these pills
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
Oh god help you when you stop taking these pills

And what does that mean?
catjaum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
a side effect of Citalopram is sexual dysfunction, common side effects include difficulty becoming aroused, lack of interest in sex, and anorgasmia (trouble achieving orgasm). Genital anesthesia, loss of or decreased response to sexual stimuli, and ejaculatory anhedonia are also possible. Although usually reversible, these sexual side effects can last for months or years after the drug has been completely withdrawn

so that explains why your not to keep on women...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by catjaum)
a side effect of Citalopram is sexual dysfunction, common side effects include difficulty becoming aroused, lack of interest in sex, and anorgasmia (trouble achieving orgasm). Genital anesthesia, loss of or decreased response to sexual stimuli, and ejaculatory anhedonia are also possible. Although usually reversible, these sexual side effects can last for months or years after the drug has been completely withdrawn

so that explains why your not to keep on women...

Well i'm not keen on women because i've had really bad experiences with them and now sometimes i feel like i don't deserve or will ever have a woman love me. It's like i hate and love women at the same time.
I still get very horny sometimes. I masturbated about 3 times yesterday. Although i've noticed the decreased sex drive before. I once was masturbating for 2 hours and i just could not ejaculate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (69)
75%
No (23)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed