Do girls REALLY get jealous of other girls + how often does this happen? Watch

robotwars
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
people say girls get jealous of other girls a lot but i think its only portrayed that way in TV soaps and dramas, because in real life, i have practically never seen any instance where girls are jealous of each other.

all of them seem so friendly and close to each other, like they'd do anything for one another. even if they arent close friends, they will still be super friendly to each other. i dont notice any jealousy between any girls.

on nights out, when girls dress up to look good for themselves (:rolleyes:) and for guys, you would think some girls would get jealous and maybe even start a fight with other girls for looking prettier, but they dont. its the guys who do the fighting and get jealous, if anything.

and this myth about girls fighting to compete for the fittest guys and fighting over the hottest guys - it is just that, a myth. its portrayed differently on the TV and in the media but in reality, no girl ever does this.

who has found all of this to be the case?
miss_sexy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
YUP! it happens...i have had to learn the hard way
robotwars
Rep:
?
(Original post by miss_sexy)
YUP! it happens...i have had to learn the hard way
can you create an argument/proof instead of just saying 'it happens'? and refer to the point in my opening post. cheers.
Pink Bullets
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You think jealousy only happens if a girl wears a sign around her neck saying "I'm jealous of her -->" or something?
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by robotwars)
people say girls get jealous of other girls a lot but i think its only portrayed that way in TV soaps and dramas, because in real life, i have practically never seen any instance where girls are jealous of each other.

all of them seem so friendly and close to each other, like they'd do anything for one another. even if they arent close friends, they will still be super friendly to each other. i dont notice any jealousy between any girls.

on nights out, when girls dress up to look good for themselves (:rolleyes:) and for guys, you would think some girls would get jealous and maybe even start a fight with other girls for looking prettier, but they dont. its the guys who do the fighting and get jealous, if anything.

and this myth about girls fighting to compete for the fittest guys and fighting over the hottest guys - it is just that, a myth. its portrayed differently on the TV and in the media but in reality, no girl ever does this.

A lot of the time, in my experience at least, all of that is on the surface, and behind that it's kind of different.
hello.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
girls definitely get jealous.
Angela_Beth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Girls act differently to blokes when they've got a problem with someone. Usually girls are nice to each others faces, and nasty behind the scenes - not as likely to pick a fight in public, though it does happen. You're probably just not picking up the subtle hints. Don't get me wrong: girls can and do have the close friendships you described - I definitely do with four or five of my female friends - but there's also a lot of fakeness and *****ery around the place.
Heranje
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Aww, that's sweet.

Keep focusing on the surface friendliness, love. It'll make you a lot happier than the truth will. :P
Stargazer23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Girls get jealous all the time.. you just see whatever they portray on the surface.
Like you say you don't see girls fighting, only guys - girls usually ***** behind people's backs and generally don't have big physical bust-ups.
Iorek
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A jealous girl is a dangerous girl.
MancBoy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was in the train station once and I saw two sort of attractive girls thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread. Then one HOT woman; tanned, tall, dark hair, european looking etc. Every guy was staring at her. When the woman crossed paths with the two other girls she got the most dirtiest look I ever seen anyone ever get. ****ing hilarious!
Pedrobear
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No one hates women more than women.
robotwars
Rep:
?
(Original post by Heranje)
Aww, that's sweet.

Keep focusing on the surface friendliness, love. It'll make you a lot happier than the truth will. :P
just so you know, i am a guy and dont care if i find out the 'truth'. i dont think girls really get jealous of guys and if they do, i have never known one to get jealous of me or any of my friends. anyway, being told things here is not the same as experiencing it for real. i would love to see for real some girl on girl jealousy.
jordanelouise
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stargazer23)
Girls get jealous all the time.. you just see whatever they portray on the surface.
Like you say you don't see girls fighting, only guys - girls usually ***** behind people's backs and generally don't have big physical bust-ups.
I totally agree with you here! Girls most certainly get jealous but then doesn't everyone at some point? Girls just seem to either keep it to themselves or just *****/talk to there friends about it!!
JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
this is one of the most asinine threads ever. of course girls get jealous, do you live in a cave?
Stasiaxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

This thread is stupid. Jealousy is an emotion men and women feel it alike.
scireamortente
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Well the TV series do have to exaggerate don't they otherwise it probably wouldn't be that interesting but it does happen a lot, it's just not to that extent, and why would you fight another girl because they looked prettier, I don't think we work quite like that it's more verbal and subtle and mostly not when a guys there. Anyway, jealousy is usually seen by them *****ing on other people amongst other girls. It doesn't usually get as widespread as for the guys to get to know all about it...
babz07
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah hunny it exists! very rarely its proper jealousy, most of the time its 'low-level' jealousy about something little.
RahRah09
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course it happens, we just live in vaguely polite British society where people don't tend to cause a scene.

For example, if a girl likes a guy and then she sees him with another girl she won't run up to them both and scratch their eyes out, will she? She'll put on the "no emotions face" and go home and complain to her friends about how totally ugly that girl is and her friends will agree that she is definitely 1000 times better and the only reason that guy was getting with the other girl is because she's a **** and he knows he can get some. Whether or not any of these comments about the girl in question is true.. well, the *****ing will make the jealous girl feel a little bit better.

Ta da.
JunePlum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i have practically never seen any instance where girls are jealous of each other.

i dont notice any jealousy between any girls.
You realise that you are being quite naive. Right?
Jealousy isn't always that obvious.
Such a pity you can't read girls' thoughts.:sadnod:

Girls can be victims of jealousy as well as being guilty of jealousy (usually trivial jealousy though).
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.74%
No (573)
60.32%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.95%

Watched Threads