To Kill a Mockingbird Watch

Studystudy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everyone
Just wondering how many of you are studying this book for their English Literature GCSE exam. How are you finding it? Personally, it's become one of my favourite books.
Rachel08
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did it for GCSE (doing a levels now) and it was really great. V difficult to get into, but it improves a lot once you get just past halfway. My advice to anyone who's not enjoying it: persevere, it gets better and is a good book to get a good grade on cos there's lots to talk about
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did it for English GCSE.

I really enjoyed it, it was a really, really good book.

I got a C in English Lit, which turned out to be my highest grade in GCSE, and the poetry bit sure didn't help!

To Kill a Mockingbird gave me my highest score, then. Just adding to how awesome it was.
charcharchar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love to kill a mockingbird (stays with you for a long, long time)
InadequateJusticex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing it for English Literature. Finding it hard to get myself to re-read it :s
Ears
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing it too. As someone said above, takes a little while to get into, but part 2 is really good.
BradfordCityJoss
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I loved it, miles better than "Of mice and men".
Studystudy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
I did it for English GCSE.

I really enjoyed it, it was a really, really good book.

I got a C in English Lit, which turned out to be my highest grade in GCSE, and the poetry bit sure didn't help!

To Kill a Mockingbird gave me my highest score, then. Just adding to how awesome it was.
That's really good. I know what you mean it's just an amazing book.
nocreativity96
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just finished reading it and now re-reading it in preparation for my English Literature exam... Love it!
popdrops
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Studied it for my English lit GCSE four years ago. On the whole it's a good book and doesn't destroy your soul when you write essays about it
Cariie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am I the only person who didn't enjoy studying this book? I just felt like it was being ripped apart and over analysed when we did it for GCSE I preferred being able to read it just for myself, the messages were still clear enough. . .
popdrops
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cariie)
Am I the only person who didn't enjoy studying this book? I just felt like it was being ripped apart and over analysed when we did it for GCSE I preferred being able to read it just for myself, the messages were still clear enough. . .
To be fair I hated by English lit classes because the teacher just stretched it out too much...and English lit GCSE exams in general like to over-analyse I definitely preferred reading it by myself though
cz100
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wish we did. Instead we did Animal Farm
Cariie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by popdrops)
To be fair I hated by English lit classes because the teacher just stretched it out too much...and English lit GCSE exams in general like to over-analyse I definitely preferred reading it by myself though
Same here! I couldn't stand English Lit lessons, I mean I adore reading, but I never even finished the book before the exam, I read the first few chapters, then the trial and the last few :rolleyes: I did a question on how the title was linked to the whole book, it was so over analytical, I really doubt authors appreciate 16 year olds pulling their work apart for every message possible :/ It's more of a personal read
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.56%
Leave (375)
20.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed