The Student Room Group

University College Maastricht

Hey everyone, just wanted to know if anyone was applying to UCM.

If you have applied, could you tell me a bit more about the actual process?

Ty :smile:
Reply 1
Hello,

I've recently applied and been accepted to UCM, the process is pretty simple:
http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/web/Schools/UCM/TargetGroup/ProspectiveStudents1/HowToApply.htm
This pretty much sets it out for you, you apply via studielink (the Dutch UCAS I guess). Once you have completed the application on that site you'll be redirected to one on UCM's server. On this you state your preferences education wise, upload personal statement, copy of passports, grades. Once you have finished that you either get rejected/accepted to the interview stage which was pretty easy and relaxed (it focuses on the contents of your application).

It's not a hard process at all and the best bit is that the decision process is rolling so there's hardly any wait around for a reply. Hope this has helped and good luck in your application!
Reply 2
I wouldn't call my interview easy or relaxed at all. I'm certainly not trying to discourage people from applying, in fact, I think it's a great school, but perhaps i'm just not a good fit for it. In my case the interview felt kinda like interrogation and well- be prepared to ellaborate (in very direct details) about your future plans. The other interviewer I had in another school made a lot more better impression than this one. As silly as it might sound, even if I get accepted I might choose the other school over UCM, despite the fact that UCM is a lot more cheaper, easier accessible from my country and is one year less of studying, even though before the interview I was sure UCM was my 1st choice.

Quick Reply

Latest