A question for girls/women? Watch

bluebell100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How do you feel about being valued only because of your physical appearance?

Do you feel oppressed?

And if you say that women are not only valued because of their appearance, then tell me how often do you see an article in the newspaper or magazine admiring a woman because of her contribution to society, charity or good works (in comparison to articles talking about what she's wearing or whether she is in shape or not)?

And incase you're wondering, I am a woman.
Mujeriego
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Women aren't valued on their physical appearance alone. We also take into account their cooking and sewing skills.

Don't generalise.
hothedgehog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If someone valued me on only my appearance then I would just not care for them at all. If you're going to be that shallow then I don't need you in my life. End of story.
JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anyone who thinks that valuing others solely on their appearance constitutes oppression is deluded.
RandomComm3nt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tbh, I'm a boy, and it even pisses me off when this kind of thing happens.
Harry.C
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't quite understand your post. What point are you making?
kellybee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Physical appearance does play a factor in a woman's success but it is by no means the be all end all. Look at Susan Boyle.
Mispar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kellybee)
Physical appearance does play a factor in a woman's success but it is by no means the be all end all. Look at Susan Boyle.
Yeah, but don't you think prt of the susan boyle hype was all 'but she's so FUGLY. How can someone looking like that have such a decent voice????'

Not saying I agree with it at all, but I definitely saw a lot of that in the media. :/
Dubs_ski
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love women. :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads