Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think a subtle bit of eyeliner looks quite cool on the right guy...a la the bravery perhaps?
    and to all those people who said it's 'gay,' how can you judge someone's sexuality by what they're wearing? :confused: I don't know a single gay man who would wear eyeliner either..

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so! It's feminine, foppish and just not for men.

ReputationRep:
    absolutey no way no self respecting man would ever wear it..... it looks ridiculous!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebbie)
    absolutey no way no self respecting man would ever wear it..... it looks ridiculous!!!!!
    good job i'm not a self respecting man!

ReputationRep:
    but why wear it? it just makes you look ill-educated and an absolutely idiot.... you never see grown men wearing make up as they know how absurd it looks....

ReputationRep:
    but why wear it? it just makes you look ill-educated and an absolutely idiot.... you never see grown men wearing make up as they know how absurd it looks....
    How on earth does it make you look ill-educated?! what a ridiculous comment...

you "absolutely idiot"

ReputationRep:
    well please show me all the educated men who wear make up? around my area they are all dropouts.... do you seriously think you will get a job if you turn up wearing eyeliner? people are gonna look at you as if you are insane!

ReputationRep:
    well please show me all the educated men who wear make up? around my area they are all dropouts.... do you seriously think you will get a job if you turn up wearing eyeliner? people are gonna look at you as if you are insane!
    Meh, come up to St Andrews, then - I know a few honours students who wear makeup...OK, half of them are in the Rock Society, but they still wear it, they're not dropouts and they're far from "ill-educated".

But then, I've learned to put aside other people's opinions if I don't agree with them. My dad was telling me to get my hair cut and not have it in a ponytail when I went for a job interview a few months ago because "no interviewer would take me seriously" (it's shoulder-length)...I was forced into getting my hair cut a little bit, but I still went ahead and wore it in a ponytail, and the interviewer's exact wording was "Chris would be an ideal candidate. Very polite and worked well in the dept"...only reason I didn't get the job was because I was moving up to uni just 10 days later. She didn't care what the hell I looked like, so long as I was a good worker.

So long as it's applied properly and isn't overkill, eyeliner (or any makeup, for that matter) can look perfectly fine on a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrentEnd)
    ok, i'll keep this short...

...does make up look good on guys? I'm not talking lipstick and blusher before you start, I'm thinking more dark eyes a la My Chemical Romance or Green Day.

Discuss.....
    i personally prefer guys with a bit of make up (eye- liner especially), wear it if you feel comfortable in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrentEnd)
    good job i'm not a self respecting man!
    evidently

ReputationRep:
    **** off I have self-respect and I wear a bit of make-up sometimes (never to a draggy stage, just very subtle!).

In fact, I think taking pride in ones appearance constitutes having more self respect.

ReputationRep:
    some people! :rolleyes:
    it would depend on where he was applying for a job.
    if it was in a skate shop or a retro clothes shop or somewhere like hmv i doubt they would care ive seen guys wearing eyeliner in all those shops.
    plus they are meant to employ you for your skills not what you look like!!!
    and educated men who appear on tv have to wear make up and who knows maybe they even wear make up in real life but you wouldnt know cos they stick to natural looking make up.

ReputationRep:
    haha come on guys.. stop with the nonsense "stop being immature just because a MAN wears makeup doesnt make him any less of a man!". i almost busted a lung laughing. why dont you ask your dad to wear some sexy eyeshadow and see what he says?

ReputationRep:
    how is that meant to help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xelprep)
    haha come on guys.. stop with the nonsense "stop being immature just because a MAN wears makeup doesnt make him any less of a man!". i almost busted a lung laughing. why dont you ask your dad to wear some sexy eyeshadow and see what he says?
    You're taking it the wrong way...not that I'm surprised, though :rolleyes:

Think of goth guys - some of them wear bucketloads of makeup; would you say they're "any less of a man"?
    Male actors, TV presenters and so on all wear makeup; are they "any less of a man"?

ReputationRep:
    I think make-up can look great on the right guys. I also think that Billie Joe Armstrong isn't one of those guys - but thats just personal opinion.
    And to all the morons who decide to attack the employability of men who wear make-up - it can be taken off, you know!
    Its just a case of different aesthetics and ideals anyway. Does a girl wearing trousers make her any less of a woman? Of course not. Stop being childish about it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.