Turn on thread page Beta

If you could be immortal would you? watch

ReputationRep:
    like if some genie/demon/deity offered you immortality and you wouldn't age past about 25-ish would you take it?
    no way to die afterwards

Personally i've realised one of my greatest fears is become old and frail since my gran has been in hospital and would probably jump at the chance
    (don't particularly want to die either, don't believe in an afterlife)
    sure i might get bored in the year 4032 but meh....

anyway would you?

ReputationRep:
    For the lulz, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Yea of course I would.

You could do EVERYTHING, learn everything, be anything, live life 1000 times over, why the hell wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    Defo

ReputationRep:
    No.

Life would grow boring/repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    I would obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes and yes. It's what I dream of. I'd lower the 25-ish to 20-ish though

ReputationRep:
    Probably, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    If there was no way to die, I would never take it. I wouldnt mind an extra thousand years but an eternity would be a torture. And it would never end.

ReputationRep:
    I would take it until I got bored, and then die.

ReputationRep:
    I think so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    My answer used to be no.

I used to think seeing other people grow up, grow old and die over and over in my life time would be immensely depressing. That I wouldn't want to see the way the world goes to pot, I wouldn't want to be bored with it.

Now my answer is yes. I can't comprehend the amount of stuff I want to do in life that I won't be able to. So many places I won't get to see, experiences experienced. Shame really but that's life!

ReputationRep:
    I would. Can you imagine the possibilities? you could explore the whole galaxy, learn a billion things and witness the rise and fall of civilisations.

ReputationRep:
    I would become immortal but not invincible. As long as I could eventually die when I chose to it would be really cool. Seeing your loved ones age and die before you eyes would be pretty horrible though. :\

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a vampire that doesn't eat humans :]

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because I could just sit around doing **** all and not feel guilty about wasting my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaloo)
    I'd be a vampire that doesn't eat humans :]
    so just someone who doesnt go out in the sun?

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah. Risky long term investments anyone?

ReputationRep:
    No, life would get boring and you'd have to watch everyone die around you, I could never live on after seeing that. It would be a lonely life..

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.