Turn on thread page Beta

I want a baby. I've been having sex near enough everyday for the past 3 months & still not pregnant. Is there something wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Can it be assumed you are not using protection? Also, how old are you? It sounds like something hormone related, but I am hardly a figure of authority on that.

ReputationRep:
    Er, yes? What has that got to do with assuming age? If you took a look when registering, you will notice that the age range implied by levels of education is massive.

ReputationRep:
    It goes from year 6 to postgrad.

I'm 17 & no, I'm not using any protection.

ReputationRep:
    I am sure there are many psychological and physical reasons that could explain wanting a baby at such a young age. May I ask if this is with only one trusted partner? Either way, I would definitely suggest using protection for now.

If however you are merely wanting to know why you are not pregnant, it is possibly because pregnancy isn't guaranteed every time you have unprotected sex. Some couples take a long time to get it right. If you carry on the way you have been, it would only be a matter of time (take that as positive or negative as you want). However, if it still isn't happening after some time and you are concerned, there is no harm going to a fertility clinic.

ReputationRep:
    1. Stop and think if having a child is the right thing at this moment in time. Having a baby means you will be committed for the rest of your life. Really think about your reasons for doing it. I am not trying to discourage you from having a baby but would rather you seriously consider it. Think if you are able to provide for a child etc

2. It is not as easy as having sex one time and boom you are pregnant as someone said above some couples try for a long time in order to get pregnant, hormones come into play, drinking , smoking and stress etc

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.