PPE - Essex or Lancaster Watch

fortun4te
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hi there,

okay, so I have got offer for PPE from Lancaster and Essex. I was/am pretty set on Lancaster, mainly for the rankings, but just read this (Wikipedia):

The University uniquely in the UK achieved top 5* rankings in the 2001 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) for the three core social science disciplines - economics, government and sociology - with government and sociology upgraded to the new 6* grade. Due to the University's high RAE ratings in Government, Economics and Philosophy, it is widely considered to offer the best and most prestigious Bachelor of Arts of Philosophy, Politics and Economics in the United Kingdom.[21]
I am affraid this is kind of a stupid question, but since I am not from Britian and the rankings are for the Unis in general, I feel it a little difficult to really find out which Uni is better, I would be extremly grateful if some of you could kindly give me a few hints on this decision.

Thanks in advance
Felix

ps. I hope this is correctly placed, I have seen a number of similar posts, but none seemd to fit my question exactly...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads