Turn on thread page Beta

The Male 'Anti-Fashion' Thread: What Not To Wear watch

ReputationRep:
    1) Toywatch's

Spoiler:
    Show

Why would you want to pay £200 for a plastic watch that looks cheap, is made cheap and makes you look like a douche bag.

Spoiler:
    Show

you either wear a traditional watch made by a proper watch brand or none at all, its not fashionable at all.

2) 'Scoop' neck Tshirts

Spoiler:
    Show

You cant pull it off, dont even try it.

3) Tom's

Spoiler:
    Show

Needs no comment

4) Shirts with a hood

Spoiler:
    Show

No

5) Denim shorts/double denim

Great if you want to look like this

Spoiler:
    Show

6) Anything JLS-like

Spoiler:
    Show

No

7) Jack Wills

**** quality, look like a gay ****, nothing else needs adding.
    Spoiler:
    Show

8) Henleys

Spoiler:
    Show

9) River Island Urban Looks

Usually a mixture of items that wouldnt usually go together like shirts and track bottems, just because its on river islands website doesnt mean its fashionable.

Spoiler:
    Show

10) Adidas Hoodies/Adidas in general

I know this will kick up some fuss as you all wear adidas shoes but seriously, keep the sports clothes to sports.

Spoiler:
    Show

11) Elasticated cuffed jeans

Spoiler:
    Show

Dont even dare.

I'll add more of my own and good suggestions as time goes by.

ReputationRep:
    what is wrong with shirts with a hood?

And lol only a retard would waste £200 on toy watches...right? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    4) Shirts with a hood

No
    Ye because something sold in all major fashion retailers is utterly disgusting and shouldn't be worn?

Get fashion sense.
    The rest are hardly worn by any guy, and for a reason, 'shirts with a hood' are practically in every mens shop and every man's wardrobe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Ye because something sold in all major fashion retailers is utterly disgusting and shouldn't be worn?

Get fashion sense.
    The rest are hardly worn by any guy, and for a reason, 'shirts with a hood' are practically in every mens shop and every man's wardrobe.
    Hahaha son you the 5th member of JLS?

ReputationRep:
    Simply adding a hood to a shirt doesn't make it automatically unworthy of being worn.

ReputationRep:

Get fashion sense.
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    wife beaters

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    Simply adding a hood to a shirt doesn't make it automatically unworthy of being worn.
    A shirt is not worn with a hood, simple. Not to mention people dont even use the hood on the shirt in the first place anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yellow t-shirts.

Any sort of sandals.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all those, except Toy Watches. I don't own one but I've got to admit to nearly buying one on several occasions. I know I deserve to have the piss taken out of me for that, so go ahead.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I am a girl and I think shirt with a hood looks good on guys.

I mean, it makes lots of guys more attractive.

However, I would add to the list 'Anything from BANK'

Seriously, tha shop has terrible fashion sense..

Mainly because their clothes have very bright colours, be it bright orange, red, yellow, pink.,..... :P and tight t-shirt on muscly gyus ...

But hey, if you like it ------ go for it.

People have to wear whatever suit to their body and occasions so it's very subjective to be honest.

:P

ReputationRep:
    1) Toywatch's

Why would you want to pay £200 for a plastic watch that looks cheap, is made cheap and makes you look like a douche bag.

Spoiler:
    Show

you either wear a traditional watch made by a proper watch brand or none at all, its not fashionable at all.

2) 'Scoop' neck Tshirts

You cant pull it off, dont even try it.

3) Tom's

Needs no comment

4) Shirts with a hood

No

5) Denim shorts/double denim

Great if you want to look like this

I'll add more of my own and good suggestions as time goes by.
    Fortunately, your opinion means zilch

ReputationRep:
    A shirt is not worn with a hood, simple.
    I'm wearing one at this very moment. Thus, I beg to differ.
    Besides, there was a time when jumpers weren't worn with hood, yet I don't see you condemning hoodies.

Not to mention people dont even use the hood on the shirt in the first place anyway.
    Wrong. I wore mine today. It was too cold not to wear my hood and too warm to wear a hoodie or a jacket.

ReputationRep:
    Leather trousers
    Those shirts with the flames on them.
    Anything sold in 'Bank'

ReputationRep:
    Anything from Superdry.

ReputationRep:

Get fashion sense.
    just because they are 'practically in every mens shop' (they aren't really) doesnt mean that they are cool. They look stupid in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    I'm wearing one at this very moment. Thus, I beg to differ.
    Besides, there was a time when jumpers weren't worn with hood, yet I don't see you condemning hoodies.

Wrong. I wore mine today. It was too cold not to wear my hood and too warm to wear a hoodie or a jacket.
    It looks retarded though, just like cardigans with hoods.

ReputationRep:
    Shirts with a hood look good, as do the 'toy' watches, like occasionally, but £200?!

Men shouldn't wear flared jeans... but they should wear skinny jeans :P nom nom

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you OP on every example you've made.

I might get slated for this but I think those beanie style hats which loads of guys wear/wore are a 'no-no'. Maybe in the really cold winter days they are an exception but when people wore them purely for 'fashion' like in Spring/Summer I just thought =/

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.