Is it too late to apply for work experience? Watch

jd123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm in year 11 and I've recently changed my a level options to the three sciences and maths, which means I'm a bit late on applying for work experience for this summer. The problem is, I don't know what I want to do at university, so how can I choose what work experience to apply for?

I think it would be easier to apply for something to do with chemistry/biology rather than Physics - does anyone have an ideas? My local GP have rejected me for confidentiality reasons - should I write into my local hospital? I'm really stuck for ideas, and I'm freaking out now because I know how important work experience is and I'll be applying too late
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Local hospitals, other GPs, Nursing Homes, Pharmacists, Dentists, anywhere really
jd123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by thegodofgod)
Local hospitals, other GPs, Nursing Homes, Pharmacists, Dentists, anywhere really
I hadn't really thought about applying for dentistry work experience. If I were to get 2 weeks experience with a dentist, and then applied for medicine at uni, would the dentistry work experience still look good? Or would it have to be directly related to medicine?
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jd123)
I hadn't really thought about applying for dentistry work experience. If I were to get 2 weeks experience with a dentist, and then applied for medicine at uni, would the dentistry work experience still look good? Or would it have to be directly related to medicine?
I'm still not sure about that lol - i suppose it's an allied health profession - Dentistry is a specialty in medicine, isn't it?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads