Lied to.... Annoyed or Upset?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Okay a little pathetic but hey I believe that if you feel strongly about something, then it matters....

A guy I really like has recently cancelled a bunch of dates, cos he's either had to help out a friend and recently he told me he was quite ill, turns out he was supposed to have had a throat infection and couldn't meet up with me on the night of results day cos he was soo ill..... He said he was spending the weekend recuperating, but today i noticed he'd been tagged in one of his friends facebook pics looking healthy and well...

Am i being paranoid cos there is always the chance that the pic is an old one?? But if he has lied I don't know whether to be annoyed or upset because he couldn't just tell me he didn't want to see me anymore...

Your thoughts are welcome.... Like i said i've acknowledged i could just be paranoid, but what if i'm not?? or ??
Oranges
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh god. Another pointless facebook thread.

You're being paranoid. Talk to him if it really matters to you.

/thread.
Cura
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your not being paranoid, his humping another chick.
Jmzie-Coupe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay a little pathetic but hey I believe that if you feel strongly about something, then it matters....

A guy I really like has recently cancelled a bunch of dates, cos he's either had to help out a friend and recently he told me he was quite ill, turns out he was supposed to have had a throat infection and couldn't meet up with me on the night of results day cos he was soo ill..... He said he was spending the weekend recuperating, but today i noticed he'd been tagged in one of his friends facebook pics looking healthy and well...

Am i being paranoid cos there is always the chance that the pic is an old one?? But if he has lied I don't know whether to be annoyed or upset because he couldn't just tell me he didn't want to see me anymore...

Your thoughts are welcome.... Like i said i've acknowledged i could just be paranoid, but what if i'm not?? or ??
I think I have found the source of your problem. Throat infection aka deep throating other men aka homo.

Oh dear.
AnkyG-21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could always just give the ultimatum sorta thing go see him and tell him "Do you still want to see me or not? If not I'll live, I'd just rather you tell me now than drag it along." But if you have a little feeling that maybe his reasons are true then you won't want to sound so needy when questioning him... Unless he likes needy women then go ahead.
Peachykeen09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
have angry make up sex
Sazzy890
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As person above said, ultimatum. Ask him "are you interested in me or not?" You are probably being paranoid though, but the only way to find out is to ask!
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There are two trains of thought here; the first is that he's lying to you in order to put off what's effectively spending time with you (ie, he doesn't actually want to see you) or he cares enough to "let you down gently".

At any rate, a future with this gent seems unlikely; he's made his decision and lies are on the priority regardless of motive.

You deserve to be treated with honesty and respect and despite motives, if a guy feels the need to lie to you, the chances are the situation is not worth fighting for.

I would count your losses, learn from the situation, and indulge yourself in a REAL man!
Uzzy?
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're asking us how you should feel?

:facepalm:
Dubs_ski
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just ask him whether he likes you and if its going to go anywhere. There's no point wasting your time with someone is there now? You could be searching for someone much better.

Like Dubs. :sexface:
jagstangman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think you should be annoyed and upset, as you have potentially been lied to. If this guy did lie to you and then went out with his mates that shows a lack of respect. Though you can't go forward with any rash actions until you have confronted him. I hope he has the decency to tell you the truth.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
thank you all very much for your responses, think i'm just gonna let things go....
if he wants to know me he'll make contact with me, if not then atleast i know where i stand once and for all... might hurt at the mo for that to be the case, but i'll get over it

thanks again
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise