27:31 to 30:00
    7.55%
    30:01 to 35:00
    14.15%
    Slower than 35
    11.32%

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Ran my first "official" 5k today in Brighton and wodnered what the average pace of TSR over this distance was...

I was 182nd out of 301 runners today so know i'm slow but will be interesting to see how quick you guys can go...

Poll is up.

My "best" is 25:48 in training but only got 27:06 today...

ReputationRep:
    I do 3 miles (gradient varies) in 27 minutes, maybe 26:30 if i was really going for it

ReputationRep:
    John Bishop can do a 10k run in 23 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    21 mins 24 seconds

Gradient changed, and there was a huge hill going up, then a huge hill going down. Pretty slow time, I'm a sprinter anyway, not endurance which is why my time sucked compared to everyone else, as they were getting 19/20 mins

ReputationRep:
    I think I can do about 25 mins. Will check once my ankle's better!

ReputationRep:
    PB is 24.04, but it's well over a year since I did that. There's definitely a 23:xx time there when this current injury heals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    21 mins 24 seconds

Gradient changed, and there was a huge hill going up, then a huge hill going down. Pretty slow time, I'm a sprinter anyway, not endurance which is why my time sucked compared to everyone else, as they were getting 19/20 mins
    Nice one. You're winning from TSR so far...

Although when i did a search there was a thread from like 3 yearsa ago with no poll and a few people claimed to have sub 20 minute 5 k times...

(Original post by Apocalypte)
    PB is 24.04, but it's well over a year since I did that. There's definitely a 23:xx time there when this current injury heals.
    Considering you just ran a sub 4 hour marathon(i think) that's averaging a 28min 5k the entire way(ish)

Thought your 5k time would be more around the 20 mins mark considering your high level of aerobic fitness...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    a lot faster than any of you pussies that's fo sho! :cool:
    Is it the tekkers which helps?

ReputationRep:
    I can do 6.5k in around 25mins, make of that what you will. Perhaps 20mins :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I can do 6.5k in around 25mins, make of that what you will. Perhaps 20mins :indiff:
    If your 25 mins time is accurate then it gives you a 5k time of around 19:15...
    That's good going...

Also i love how on any poll people will come and pick a stupid answer...
    I could set the top answer to sub 12:30(better then WR pace) and you'd still get a few people clicking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    If your 25 mins time is accurate then it gives you a 5k time of around 19:15...
    That's good going...
    It's pretty accurate although I don't get my stopwatch out :lol: I keep getting injured at the mo though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    It's pretty accurate although I don't get my stopwatch out :lol: I keep getting injured at the mo though
    Ahh, how do you do distance/time measurements then?

I use Sports Tracker(an app) on my phone when i'm running normally which tracks me via GPS...:cool:

Of course today i just had to worry about running and the volunteers at my friendly local park run did the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Considering you just ran a sub 4 hour marathon(i think) that's averaging a 28min 5k the entire way(ish)

Thought your 5k time would be more around the 20 mins mark considering your high level of aerobic fitness...
    That was me - 3:59 in Barcelona last weekend. I'm the kind of person who is built far more for endurance than speed. I can't go very quickly, but I sure can keep it up for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    I did 5k in about 22 minutes a few days ago.
    Training for Stockholm Marathon this summer

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, how do you do distance/time measurements then?

I use Sports Tracker(an app) on my phone when i'm running normally which tracks me via GPS...:cool:

Of course today i just had to worry about running and the volunteers at my friendly local park run did the rest.
    I use http://www.walkjogrun.net/ & my watch. My brother has this Nike app on his itouch that changes the music if you slack. Sounds pretty cool xD

ReputationRep:
    how many of you pansy boy runners can bench 100kg hmm?

ReputationRep:
    MY best 5k time is 22 minutes + 50 seconds........did this a few weeks ago, and it was my first 'competitive' attempt.
    i was proud of this time.... until i found out that the guy from work who entered the race with me did it in just over 14 minutes! :| :| ok,so not olympic standard time or anything - infact his preferred distance is half- and full-marathon,so its not as if he prepared specifically to run this distance the fastest possible - but even with his minimal 5k training it is still less than two-thirds of my time...
    i'm not gonna lie: even though he finished first out of the 180 participant in the race (i was 87th/180) and i was happy for him and all that sh*t, i was also a little peeved off that that beanpole managed to beat me so comprehensively o_O
    next time i enter such a race i will insist on training with him to see if i could improve ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    MY best 5k time is 22 minutes + 50 seconds........did this a few weeks ago, and it was my first 'competitive' attempt.
    i was proud of this time.... until i found out that the guy from work who entered the race with me did it in just over 14 minutes! :| :| ok,so not olympic standard time or anything - infact his preferred distance is half- and full-marathon,so its not as if he prepared specifically to run this distance the fastest possible - but even with his minimal 5k training it is still less than two-thirds of my time...
    i'm not gonna lie: even though he finished first out of the 180 participant in the race (i was 87th/180) and i was happy for him and all that sh*t, i was also a little peeved off that that beanpole managed to beat me so comprehensively o_O
    next time i enter such a race i will insist on training with him to see if i could improve ;D
    If he can run it in 14 minutes then he must be amazingly fit. The winning time at my 5k was like 16:45 i think. That's nothing to be peeved off about...

Being beaten by several people in their 60s/70s when i'm suppose to be a young fit 19 yr old is a LOT more embaressing...

What are his half marathon and marathon times? They must be impressive...

And summersofas, just because you're too fat to waddle around a 5k in a decent time doesn't mean you can resort to your 1 good lift as a defense mechanism... Work on your running and improve it...

ReputationRep:
    If he can run it in 14 minutes then he must be amazingly fit. The winning time at my 5k was like 16:45 i think. That's nothing to be peeved off about...

Being beaten by several people in their 60s/70s when i'm suppose to be a young fit 19 yr old is a LOT more embaressing...

What are his half marathon and marathon times? They must be impressive...
    yes he has much stamina. he also carries very little body weight around which must help (considering such distances are bad on the feet, ankles and shins)............he tell's me he is around 58kg when it comes to racetime, which is not a lot for 1.75metres tall

he did half marathon in 1 hour + 11 mins last october (i travelled with him that weekend so can verify this).
    and last year did full marathon distance in 2 hours + 25...and he said he was disappointed with it. ¬.¬

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.