Turn on thread page Beta

whats a romanticist? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    as title

ReputationRep:
    Romanticism An artistic and intellectual movement originating in Europe in the late 18th century and characterized by a heightened interest in nature, emphasis on the individual's expression of emotion and imagination, departure from the attitudes and forms of classicism, and rebellion against established social rules and conventions.
    Romantic quality or spirit in thought, expression, or action.

ReputationRep:
    An artistic and intellectual movement originating in Europe in the late 18th century and characterized by a heightened interest in nature, emphasis on the individual's expression of emotion and imagination, departure from the attitudes and forms of classicism, and rebellion against established social rules and conventions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Romanticism An artistic and intellectual movement originating in Europe in the late 18th century and characterized by a heightened interest in nature, emphasis on the individual's expression of emotion and imagination, departure from the attitudes and forms of classicism, and rebellion against established social rules and conventions.
    Romantic quality or spirit in thought, expression, or action.
    Beat me to it!

Free dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrero Rocher)
    Beat me to it!

Free dictionary.
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    so whats an old romantic or if a person is described as being an old romantic/romanticist is it a good thing lol

ReputationRep:
    A romanticist is someone whose ideas aren't realistic. If someone said something like 'I want everyone to get along all the time' you would say that they are a romanticist.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh 'e told I was lovely; 'e's so romantic

ReputationRep:
    oh right i thought it was about someone who is like a really romantic person. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure to use a capital R when referring to the Romantic movement which is defined above (emphasis on nature, against neo-classicism, Byron, Blake etc), because it's easy to get it confused with romance (hearts, flowers, holdy-handy-in-the-cinema-ey*vomit*) -

Kinda like Conservative and conservative. Upper case makes a huge difference

ReputationRep:
    lol so theres a difference if i use upper and lower case. i shall take a look see......

ReputationRep:
    google gave me no difference so how would you describe a dude who is very romantic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    *insert homophobic witticism*
    **insert [email protected] sign**

ReputationRep:
    I think a romanticist is someone who has a delusional/idealistic belief of love to some extent.

That is not worded very well, it's something like that. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Dubs. :love:

ReputationRep:
    bump,

ReputationRep:
    me

ReputationRep:
    The word 'romantic' can apply to so many different things, it just depends how you use it!

romantic - relating to love and romance
    romantic - meaning idealistic
    Romantic - relating to the Romantic movement (latter part of the 18th century)

If someone said 'romanticist' I'd think they either meant an idealist, or an advocate of Romanticism etc.

(Original post by JCC-MGS)
    A romanticist is someone whose ideas aren't realistic. If someone said something like 'I want everyone to get along all the time' you would say that they are a romanticist.
    As in someone who romances about things, as opposed to someone who is romantic.

I might be both if I had a chance :moon:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.