The Student Room Group

KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by myyout
Oh okay thank you. May I ask when did you first apply date-wise? Just asking because I feel I'm a bit too late to jump on this.

It was late september. I'll check the exact date for you later. I don't think you are too late though at all!
Original post by joshgoldman
You can expect to see me there! :P

See you there then :P
Reply 662
It was late september. I'll check the exact date for you later. I don't think you are too late though at all!

Two months is quite late :redface:
Reply 663
P.s. where was it that I saw people evaluating the point that the scheme will make you more employable than people going to top 5 universities, even though the scheme doesn't put you in one?

It's infinitely makes you more employable because you'll already have the job! haha.

This has the benefit of no Uni debt, good wage, guaranteed job with an excellent, world-wide known firm with the possibility to travel to almost any country via the job. It's not uncommon for newly qualified staff to go to Canada, Australia, the US, Europe, etc for 6 month paid secondments with great accommodation.
Reply 664
Original post by Kemik
It's infinitely makes you more employable because you'll already have the job! haha.

This has the benefit of no Uni debt, good wage, guaranteed job with an excellent, world-wide known firm with the possibility to travel to almost any country via the job. It's not uncommon for newly qualified staff to go to Canada, Australia, the US, Europe, etc for 6 month paid secondments with great accommodation.

Haha, thanks. I meant if one was to leave after the 6 years, how you would compare in employability to someone who had been to LSE and had a couple of internships as a lot of value is put on the university its self nowadays as I'm sure you know!
Reply 665
Original post by TamaraJade
See you there then :P

I did try and look out for a Josh Goldman but didnt find you haha. Out of interest which table were you on? In terms of the paper animal like were you on the snail table?
Reply 666
Haha, thanks. I meant if one was to leave after the 6 years, how you would compare in employability to someone who had been to LSE and had a couple of internships as a lot of value is put on the university its self nowadays as I'm sure you know!

After 6 years of employment your degree and university counts for nothing, sorry to say that. After 3 years out of uni all that matters is experience and that's what recruiters will be looking at.
Reply 667
Original post by asin17
I did try and look out for a Josh Goldman but didnt find you haha. Out of interest which table were you on? In terms of the paper animal like were you on the snail table?

I think Tamara and I were on the same table... I was on the snail one at the very front that kept getting drenched in saliva by the guy talking.
I think Tamara and I were on the same table... I was on the snail one at the very front that kept getting drenched in saliva by the guy talking.

Haha yeah I think we were.

Has anyone else heard anything about an interview? They rang me today saying there was a place tomorrow at Newcastle 2pm. But short notice, but I'm still going :P
Reply 669
hi guys, i've applied to this scheme. I received a email saying that they are interested in application but experiencing delays due to volume of applications.

did anybody get this kind of email?
Reply 670
The Birmingham office is now an option but not with birmingham university ? :frown:

Does anyone here have a clue if Bham + Bham will be available soon?

I don't like exeter or the durham business school at all.
Reply 671
hey guys, just wanted to ask if people found the online verbal and numericals tests as hard as i did???!!!!
the numerical ones especially was horrendous, not only did i nt even finish half the questions i guessed a few and went blank just reading the question, my practice ones weren't nearly as tough as that

Even worse i REALLYYYY wanted to do this programme!!!!!!
Reply 672
Has anybody had a first interview yet? They seem to take forever to organise things compared to Deloitte and PwC :confused:
Reply 673
Original post by no1_titch
Has anybody had a first interview yet? They seem to take forever to organise things compared to Deloitte and PwC :confused:

They're experiencing a huge volume of applications. If you are almost at the stage of having offers with the other two then ring them.
Reply 674
Original post by Kemik
They're experiencing a huge volume of applications. If you are almost at the stage of having offers with the other two then ring them.

Ok, I have an offer from Deloitte. Partner interview for PwC coming up. Do you think they will try to speed the process up if you tell them that you have the offers?
Reply 675
Original post by no1_titch
Ok, I have an offer from Deloitte. Partner interview for PwC coming up. Do you think they will try to speed the process up if you tell them that you have the offers?

Probably? Not sure.
Struggling for a referee. Can I put a personal one down as in family or does it have to be an academic referee?
Reply 677
Original post by sunday_girl4
Struggling for a referee. Can I put a personal one down as in family or does it have to be an academic referee?

Use the person you used for your UCAS referee for the academic one
Use the person you used for your UCAS referee for the academic one

could do, however not sure if it would be a very impressive reference as they dont know me that well, my tutor is ill so I cant use him.
Reply 679
Anyone else had their first stage interview yet?!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending