what are the easiest A-levels? Watch

the don
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Currently, i am in year 11, unfortunately im very lazy and want to get by with the bare minimum. I want to do Classics, maybe maths, chemistry. But apparently you have to do alot of work in those two. ,my school advise 5 AS and 4 A level. Ive heard that Philosophy, socio, maths, business critical thinking are dosses, can i have so advise on which ones to choose with require the least amount of work. I am afraid to say that i havent worked hard in years and dont plan to.
My predicted grades are:

English Language: A
English lIT: A*
Maths: A*
Chemistry:A*
Biology:A*
French: A
ICT: A
Classical civ: A*
Latin: A* (taken last year)
History:B(taken last year) retake
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's no definite way to 'rank' subjects by difficulty - much of it depends on personal aptitue in a given subject. I'd have to say though, if you don't plan to work to any great extent when taking your A-Levels, I'd question why you're planning taking them in the first place. You don't *have* to stay on beyond your GCSE year, so if you do so, it should be because you *want* to!
annoyingorange28
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lmao, none.

with them grades your predicted, you have talent so try harder! I was predicted to get D's at a level and got an A in january through trying very hard, it does make up the defecit
the don
Rep:
?
(Original post by Illusionary)
There's no definite way to 'rank' subjects by difficulty - much of it depends on personal aptitue in a given subject. I'd have to say though, if you don't plan to work to any great extent when taking your A-Levels, I'd question why you're planning taking them in the first place. You don't *have* to stay on beyond your GCSE year, so if you do so, it should be because you *want* to!
Ive got strict parents. It would also be unheaed of a boy predicted 6A* 4A to leave school at 16
Implo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I can assure you none of the ones you mentioned are dosses, except maybe critical thinking but I have no experience and don't know anyone who has taken it so I can't tell you. But they are all hard guaranteed. But I don't see why you are being forced into this and not standing up for yourself if you plan on dossing through it.
Zahra_H
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The 'easiest' are usually the least respected. With those grades you should be trying harder, saying that you're 'unfortunately' lazy is really immature :/ Why don't you want to try harder?? You're parents shouldn't be a part of it, for any A-levels you've got to work hard and you won't do well if you're not self motivated.
Harry.K
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
general studies in my opinion is pretty easy, but considering i dont take it im not really in any position to judge how difficult it is lol
Fragile_Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you go in with that attitude you'll fail, no matter what subjects you do.
01010000 01001010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Chemistry.
Cee_eye_owen_aye
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not going to comment on your attitude, others seem to have that pretty much covered, but from experience, I found Latin GCSE to be a huge amount of work, and in comparison AS level felt fairly easy, and a lot more satisfying, so probably go for that.
Also, I'm doing further maths, and though I find it unspeakably hard, I think if I were doing single maths, and as such doing half the work in the same amount of time, it'd be really easy, for me at least.
Class civ/ English lit/ any of those sort are not easy unless you enjoy reading a lot. If you do, then a lot of the work is fun, hence "easy". If you don't really enjoy reading big books by dead people, please give them a miss.
don'tyouremember?
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
don't bother doing A levels and get a job.
the don
Rep:
?
(Original post by don'tyouremember?)
don't bother doing A levels and get a job.
Nope, my school advised me to do 5 AS, so i chose, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Classical Civ and Biology, but also have to do critical thinking..... so i have to do 6 A levels, might drop to 4 AS, but only have 3 free periods in a week....
popdrops
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
General Studies. But then again I got a D at AS level.
the don
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cee_eye_owen_aye)
I'm not going to comment on your attitude, others seem to have that pretty much covered, but from experience, I found Latin GCSE to be a huge amount of work, and in comparison AS level felt fairly easy, and a lot more satisfying, so probably go for that.
Also, I'm doing further maths, and though I find it unspeakably hard, I think if I were doing single maths, and as such doing half the work in the same amount of time, it'd be really easy, for me at least.
Class civ/ English lit/ any of those sort are not easy unless you enjoy reading a lot. If you do, then a lot of the work is fun, hence "easy". If you don't really enjoy reading big books by dead people, please give them a miss.
Yeh, i dont mind reading, already read the Iliad and the Odyssey, but dreading roman literature....

my school advised me to do 5 AS, so i chose, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Classical Civ and Biology, but also have to do critical thinking..... so i have to do 6 As levels, might drop to 4 A levels, but only have 3 free periods in a week....
KissMyArtichoke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You don't have to do A levels for the sake of it. You might enjoy an apprenticeship or something more. With the attitude you have at the moment you might as well not bother since you will fail anyway. You should be taking subjects because you enjoy them, not because they're easy.
the don
Rep:
?
(Original post by popdrops)
Yeah, we dont have the option of like sociology and general studies, so i have to choose academic subjects, but i dont mind as my teachers are good.

Are As levels hard?
KissMyArtichoke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by popdrops)
same! Somehow :confused:
mathew551
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've heard Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics are quite easy...
the don
Rep:
?
(Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
You don't have to do A levels for the sake of it. You might enjoy an apprenticeship or something more. With the attitude you have at the moment you might as well not bother since you will fail anyway. You should be taking subjects because you enjoy them, not because they're easy.
Chill, im not that bad, and i wont fail as i have already done my first module of my AS latin and got 87/100, also i am decent in all the subjects i want to take...

I can honestly say that hardly anyone in my year is taking a subject because they enjoy it, they are taking it because they dont mind it or they are good at it
pav4n
Report 7 years ago
There is no need to do 4 A levels, no uni will look at all 4, just 3, all that extra work for no reason, AS is largish step up from GCSE, although you have done good so far you need to put the work in, why not put the work in, for a few years, and get good grades?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?