The Student Room Group

The Reading/Leeds Festival Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Another rumour poster I've seen - this is actually my dream.
Muse, 30secs, jimmy, madness, elbow, panic....eek
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5253/5546743376_16ff209549_o.jpg
Original post by Melting Sugar.
guns n roses were the worst act at reading last year, honestly. You did not miss anything worth seeing.

I think Paramore edged it as worse act at Leeds.
so glad I bought my ticket in the pre-sales, I hope the line-up is good :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by lozz2601

friday = :jiggy:
Original post by SillyRodent
I think Paramore edged it as worse act at Leeds.

aww they weren't too bad at Reading. apart from guns'n'roses, you me at six were the worst! they said 'lets get 6 circle pits going whoooo' and everyone was like :curious: :colonhash: :creep:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 64

Looks like it's straight from a magazine...due to go on sale tomorrow after the line up being announced tonight? I'm almost certain this could be tonights announcement. In which case, Friday main stage Reading looks quite strong for me, up until The Offspring anyway. Not much else there on the other days and stages, but hopefully the Lock Up stage will make up for it.

Edit: Jane's Addiction headlining second when The Strokes on? Damn, I wouldn't have minded seeing The Strokes, but I wouldn't mind JA either
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mally-xo

aww they weren't too bad at Reading. apart from guns'n'roses, you me at six were the worst! they said 'lets get 6 circle pits going whoooo' and everyone was like :curious: :colonhash: :creep:

Ah well at Leeds the sound was really quiet and I was pretty far back, everyone was just chanting 'turn it up'. Hayley Williams also didn't seem that arsed about being there.
Reply 66
Ahhhhh 5 hours and 35 minutesssss :biggrin:
Reply 67
I've also seen this http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189444_1879218507835_1462458475_32098707_8366620_n.jpg and if it's right then friday will be an AMAZING day. But TBH I'm pretty happy across the board, better than last year. All we need now is Yellowcard or Say Anything in a small tent :biggrin:
Reply 68
Hi,

I was just wondering because I'm volunteering this year at Leeds and I've never volunteered at a festival or even been to Leeds fest, does anyone know if there is one big volunteering campsite for everyone or are we all put into the groups with the organisations we're volunteering with? My friends applied to volunteer with Oxfam and I misunderstood so thought they were applying to Hotbox events so stupidly I applied there, and my place is confirmed now which is really cool but oops (quite a big blonde moment there :tongue: ) aaaand so I'm hoping we'll get to camp together still. Does anyone know at all?? If you've done it before, I'd love to hear from you if you can tell me for sure. Quote me please :smile: xxx
I'm sure the leaked lineup is legit because it's being deleted from forums when people post it, probably under the orders of Festival Republic. It's the worst lineup I've ever seen tbh :teehee: I no longer care that I'm not going this year. I might get a day ticket if Tim Minchin ends up being on the same day as Pulp and The National and none of them clash, but I don't regret spending my money that usually goes on a Leeds ticket elsewhere. Seriously poor lineup.
Original post by Mally-xo

To be fair, the crowd surfing to the front gave a good atmosphere - one of the best crowds of the weekend I thought! Lost Prophets were deeeeaaathhh! My poor wellington. D:

I hate tits that start pits and then run out of them. Why? You've just irritated everyone in the crowd and started that annoying crowd 'tide' all for nothing.
Original post by rainbow drops
I'm sure the leaked lineup is legit because it's being deleted from forums when people post it, probably under the orders of Festival Republic. It's the worst lineup I've ever seen tbh :teehee: I no longer care that I'm not going this year. I might get a day ticket if Tim Minchin ends up being on the same day as Pulp and The National and none of them clash, but I don't regret spending my money that usually goes on a Leeds ticket elsewhere. Seriously poor lineup.

Ah well, shame for you - I think it looks pretty epic actually :smile: Cheers for adding to my suspicions it's the real one.
That line up looks more realistic. Would still pay £190 just to finally see Muse (combined with the festival alone, £190 just to see Muse might be a bit of a push!). Fingers crossed my shift doesn't clash, I will be so gutted.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ah well, shame for you - I think it looks pretty epic actually :smile: Cheers for adding to my suspicions it's the real one.

I'm going to Paris instead, so not really :wink: I'm a bit sick of Leeds now anyway. I've been going for a few years and it's getting to the stage where the crowds are absolutely full of 16 year old douchebags and the lineups are just getting worse. I'll always have a major soft spot for it and will feel sad I'm not there when it's on this year but... I dunno. It's not what it used to be at all.

Everyone seems pretty certain about that leaked poster so it looks like you'll have a good festival!
Taken from Leeds Fest forums: (a thread by one of the moderators)

Should you find yourself tempted to post a thread or a discussion post about... well I don't want this announcement to be deleted so I won't say what, and its gets deleted, then please be aware that it is not me. Nor will it be X. Please do not harass me or X about your posts going missing. FR admin are stalking the boards, quietly and silently getting rid of posts about lineups that they don't like. Its their forum and thats fair enough given the circumstances. But that is not on the mandate of either X or myself to moderate, and given that no FR admins are being vocal and allowing myself to look the guilty party in this, I would just like that state that is isn't me. Please do not PM about this, its not me, and there is little I can do. Ta.
I personally have another idea: if people see the poster and it's a huge let down then they will be less likely to buy tickets, especially due to its perhaps similarity to the real line up etc, so they don't want friends to convince each other not to go - they want people caught up in the hype of tonight. Therefore I think maybe it's not the actual real poster.
Original post by Melting Sugar.
I personally have another idea: if people see the poster and it's a huge let down then they will be less likely to buy tickets, especially due to its perhaps similarity to the real line up etc, so they don't want friends to convince each other not to go - they want people caught up in the hype of tonight. Therefore I think maybe it's not the actual real poster.

Oooh that's possible..... dayum....:frown:
Oooh that's possible..... dayum....:frown:

I know, but I also remember this time last year everyone was really slating the line up but omg arcade fire seriously pwned 2010 :heart:

Erm. I won't be here when the line up is announced, which is a shame as I love the hype!
I think that is 100% the real poster. It's clearly from a page of a magazine (which is apparently Kerrang). Plus, it's got all the earlier strong rumours on there plus Leeds's usual indie landfill acts... looks completely right to me. I'll be so surprised if it turns out to be wrong.
Reply 79
Muse and The Strokes, along with my girlfriends birthday on the 28th, along with said girlfriend offering to buy my ticket?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS- oh wait, I'm in Edinburgh ****ing Fringe at that time. fml.

Quick Reply

Latest