Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    boo

ReputationRep:
    1. Where are you at uni?

2. How do other students seem to cope with this?

3. What sort of stuff goes on? I'm sure you can type it out and nothing will happen....

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: that is bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parties-r-us!)
    hmmm, well i wont say what uni im at but since ive been here, theres been 3 killings, 4 stabbings, 12 shootings, a rape, and that's just what i know about, theres probably been more but well im not used to this kind of environment at all, im used to living in a small town where none of this kind of stuff goes on...am just wonderin if ive made the biggest mistake of my life moving here.
    Dude,it says what uni you are at in your profile.

ReputationRep:
    lol, oopes, o yea....i forgot about that...o well...now u know! lol

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, well i wont say what uni im at but since ive been here, theres been 3 killings, 4 stabbings, 12 shootings, a rape, and that's just what i know about, theres probably been more but well im not used to this kind of environment at all, im used to living in a small town where none of this kind of stuff goes on...am just wonderin if ive made the biggest mistake of my life moving here.
    Surely that can't be normal? How can the university manage accommodation in an area like that?! The security at my university is excellent; I feel safer than at home.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you should tell people the uni, in case they were thinking of going there

ReputationRep:
    lol, oopes, o yea....i forgot about that...o well...now u know! lol
    Heh yeh was going to say, I could have sworn I typed out a reply already but obviously not :confused: .....

These attacks that happen, are they targeted at students/locals or is it gangland related?

You've gotta appreciate as well Birmingham is a massive city where this sort of thing is a common occurence compared to your hometown for example.

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to be funny but if someone did a search on your past posts they'd find out too!

Ah wel! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is birmingham like that??? I really wanna go to aston but now it sounds scary....

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on. Tis not that bad. I have heard of one riot. That is all. Birmingham is a massive city. Its just like London in this respect. Some areas are nice and others not so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diminutive)
    Is birmingham like that??? I really wanna go to aston but now it sounds scary....
    God no, don't be put off. It's a lovely place, always something going on, plenty to do, great for shopping, what you'd expect from any UK city really.

But with bigger places come bigger crime rates and greater need to be aware of your surroundings.

I don't know UCE at all or the area it's in, and I don't want to say I don't believe the threadstarter, but it does sound a little extreme.... (awaits flaming)

ReputationRep:
    Is it actually dangerous, or are you being told it's dangerous ? I refuse to believe that in the precise area where you're living that crime is that bad.

ReputationRep:
    well i think its all gang related but still pretty scary, our campus is safe its just when u go out of campus. i havent been told its dangerous but from what goes on...i think i can say that it is a dangeorus area...if u watched the news on friday...there is an example of how bad this area is.

ReputationRep:
    well i think its all gang related but still pretty scary, our campus is safe its just when u go out of campus. i havent been told its dangerous but from what goes on...i think i can say that it is a dangeorus area...if u watched the news on friday...there is an example of how bad this area is.
    You'll be fine. If you're worried, just act confidently, go where you need to go without bothering anyone and don't flash your riches about. I live in an area where the crime rate is supposedly high, but I've never been attacked/approached or even seen any crimes taking place.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.