Someone recommend me a dam good internet pay as you go USB DONGLE Watch

logic123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, i recently lost my 3 USB internet dongle and well lets say, its awful. I travel regularly on the train everyday to uni so mobile broadband is a must for my work on the train. 3 network seem to have good deals, but there internet coverage is very bad and very unreliable. Can anyone recommend something better. Many thanks
munkie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Vodafone's pretty reliable...
mfaxford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I believe the speed you can get from mobile broadband tends to drop as you travel at higher speeds so you might find that on trains you can never get such good speeds. (probably down to moving between cells etc. and the rapidly changing signal quality)

Best thing is probably to look at coverage maps to see if anyone claims to have better provision around the area's your travelling. Or ask what other people on your train use and how well it works - I suspect you'll have problems in some places whichever provider you use.
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Look at coverage maps along the line as well as the places you often go to and use your laptop in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (147)
27.68%
No (384)
72.32%

Watched Threads