Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys and girls,

As we all know, we have the biggest exams of our lives coming up soon and I'm sure majority of you starting to work hard. I have got the items prepared and all: notes, books etc however there is one problem I am having trouble with: concentrate and focus.

You see, I try read few lines in my textbook and I automatically lose focus on to something else like what's about to happen in the future or something that happened in the past etc. Then I end up daydreaming for ages then I look at the time and the page I'm on. I have only finished the first paragraph and it's been 30 mins.

I have been doing average in school and I have realised why I'm getting the grades I am, my ability to concentrate is poor.

I have done my research on to increase ability to concentrate: drink plenty of water in breaks, drink tea, drink red bull, take a break after x amount of time. It's so frustrating because I need to get 3b's and I'm stressing out so much. I know if I start my work well in advance of the exams (JUNE) I should be alright rather than starting in April or May time.

Guys and girls, any ideas (please keep it as realistic as possible) I'm actually need help.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I also find it so hard to be motivated!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.