Drink or Drugs or Neither?????????? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
Not started systems yet (we do way too much cellular and biochemical science here :mad: ).

I only know how to interpret a 12-lead ECG and that's about it.
All we bloody is systems systems systems with a bit of everything inbetween.

OMG! You know stuff about ECG's I've spent 3hours today trying to get my head around them.:confused:
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Well, this is all very confusing. Good job I never need to know these things!
Be greatful! Not tempted by the wonders of a medical degree then?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Well, this is all very confusing. Good job I never need to know these things!
It's the difference between agonist and antagonist that you're missing, I think! And no, don't ask me what they are, I don't do pharmacology till next year...

There is a very rude mnemonic for remembering the branches of the external carotid artery but unfortunately I can't remember the names of them all even with that!
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
It's the difference between agonist and antagonist that you're missing, I think! And no, don't ask me what they are, I don't do pharmacology till next year...

There is a very rude mnemonic for remembering the branches of the external carotid artery but unfortunately I can't remember the names of them all even with that!
Oh yes, those two little letters! Silly medicine.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Some Anatomists Like F**king, Others Prefer S & M

Superior thyroid, Ascending pharyngeal, Lingual, Facial, Occipital, Post Auricular, Superficial temporal, Maxillary
Maskal|
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I FIND DRUGS AND DRINK ARE DA BEST TINGS IN THE WORLD EVEN BETTER WHEN BOTH TOGETHER. THANKS FOR READING NITE
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
All we bloody is systems systems systems with a bit of everything inbetween.

OMG! You know stuff about ECG's I've spent 3hours today trying to get my head around them.:confused:

If you're after a distinction, remember that there's a little "U" wave which follows the "T" wave of repolarisation of the ventricles.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you're after a distinction, remember that there's a little "U" wave which follows the "T" wave of repolarisation of the ventricles.
I thought that was only visible when there is a problem :confused: or is that "Q" waves, awwww i'm so confused.
Maskal|
Report 14 years ago
external carotid artery
HOW THE **** CAN U GET AN EXTERNAL CAROTID ARTERT IF IT WAS EXTERNAL IT WOULD BE OUTSIDE YOU BODY U DUMB STAINER
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And I suppose the external illiac artery just pops out of the leg and rubs against your trouser seams.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Maskal|)
HOW THE **** CAN U GET AN EXTERNAL CAROTID ARTERT IF IT WAS EXTERNAL IT WOULD BE OUTSIDE YOU BODY U DUMB STAINER
Shut up you spamming prat! Of course you can get an external carotid.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some Anatomists Like F**king, Others Prefer S & M

Superior thyroid, Ascending pharyngeal, Lingual, Facial, Occipital, Post Auricular, Superficial temporal, Maxillary
That would be the one, thanks for reminding me.

Maskall, yes, there is an external carotid artery, which has 8 branches as described above. It's not on the outside of you, but it's external compared with the internal one!

Blissy - not silly! Lovely. Really :rolleyes:
Maskal|
Report 14 years ago
And I suppose the external illiac artery just pops out of the leg and rubs against your trouser seams.
Exactly, man. EXTERNAL artery i never erd anyting so rediculous in my whole fuking life. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Maskal|
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Shut up you spamming prat! Of course you can get an external carotid.
How da fuk can it be external if it isn't outside the body? you would fuking beleeed to death if you had external arterey. it is internal cos its in da fuking body, man.....
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That would be the one, thanks for reminding me.

Maskall, yes, there is an external carotid artery, which has 8 branches as described above. It's not on the outside of you, but it's external compared with the internal one!

Blissy - not silly! Lovely. Really :rolleyes:
*mental image of walking around a neurology ward reciting "ooh, ooh, ooh, to touch a..." at random bemused patients*
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How da fuk can it be external if it isn't outside the body? you would fuking beleeed to death if you had external arterey. it is internal cos its in da fuking body, man.....
Not strictly true, arteries aren't permeable are they :confused: Therefore as long as you took care of it there'd be no bleeding, life is full of inconcistencies. Blame the Americans.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I thought that was only visible when there is a problem :confused: or is that "Q" waves, awwww i'm so confused.
You can't really teach ECGs through a post. I recomment the crash course book though or "Physiology - Constanzo" which is a gem.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can't really teach ECGs through a post. I recomment the crash course book though or "Physiology - Constanzo" which is a gem.
The first place i'm goin 2morrow is to find that book. Thanks.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It doesn't mean external to the body, it means external in comparison to another vessel with the same name (more superficial).
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
why am i not surprised?
are you finally realising that you might not be suitable for med-school?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads