Men: Are you impressed by strong women?

Watch
Poll: Are you impressed by beastly strong women?
Guys: Yes (31)
26.5%
Guys: No (47)
40.17%
Girls: yes (26)
22.22%
Girls: No.. (13)
11.11%
This discussion is closed.
SummerSofas
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
We don't have any strong women at my gym, the most i've seen is a 40 kg squat, and a 25 kg bench.

Do you have strong women at your gym? Does it impress you when a chick deadlifts 150 kg+ or bench presses 100 kg +

Or don't you care?
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
There's a girl at my gym that i used to spin with that used to have a 75kg squat and 90kg deadlift iirc...

A lot better than i had back then...

I was very impressed.
SummerSofas
Rep:
(Original post by MHorman)
There's a girl at my gym that i used to spin with that used to have a 75kg squat and 90kg deadlift iirc...

A lot better than i had back then...

I was very impressed.
was she hot?
Motorbiker
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SummerSofas)
was she hot?
Yes.
She's a competitive rower.

Rows for the county or country or something. She sounds bloody good...
Billa Bong
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
we don't have any strong women in our gym...most of em do cardio or if they come near the weights, it's to get the 2-5kg dumbbells...but i don't think i would like to see strong women really...i mean ofcourse i would be impressed but i don't wanna see strong women...takes a bit of femininity away
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Billa Bong)
we don't have any strong women in our gym...most of em do cardio or if they come near the weights, it's to get the 2-5kg dumbbells...but i don't think i would like to see strong women really...i mean ofcourse i would be impressed but i don't wanna see strong women...takes a bit of femininity away
This.

I never see a girl in my gym lift anything higher than a 10kg dumbbell lol Even on the machines, they're barely lifting anything. Most do cardio or 'light stretches'.
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I'm impressed but not turned on...if that's what the question was asking

But there is something strangely hot when I see a girl using the pec machine :coma:
u4m1r
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Saw a girl in my gym bench 40kg for 8 reps, which seemed even more impressive when she was benching with two skinny kids who were weaker than her.
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I see women use Dbs but none use barbells, most women wouldn't.
SummerSofas
Rep:
to be fair most women probably couldnnt bench an empty barberll
redbuthotter
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I'm usually impressed just to see them in the squat rack.... doesn't matter how much they lift
u4m1r
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
And oh yeah, theres girl who comes regularly, squats 80kg for reps, to depth.
ApplePi
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I can squat 90kg and deadlift 60kg but I don't LOOK like I could if you didn't see it.

The guys in the gym always seem surprised when I head to the weights section.
Motorbiker
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ApplePi)
I can squat 90kg and deadlift 60kg but I don't LOOK like I could if you didn't see it.

The guys in the gym always seem surprised when I head to the weights section.
Squat 90 and deadlift 60?

Those the right way around?

The other way would make more sense.

Either way they're decent lifts for a girl.

If you got a 90kg squat then i am very impressed...
ApplePi
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Squat 90 and deadlift 60?

Those the right way around?

The other way would make more sense.

Either way they're decent lifts for a girl.

If you got a 90kg squat then i am very impressed...
Yeah, squat 90 deadlift 60.

My hands aren't strong enough to deadlift any more than that! I do only weigh 55 though so at least it's above my weight.

I squat more because I'm a sprinter so have stronger legs/glutes. It's just generally easier :P
riotgrrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I'd be impressed!

In my gym, there's a proper massive weights area with all the machines and the heavy weights and stuff and then there's a section over at the other side with a mirror and some yoga balls and a little rack of weights that go from 1kg-10kg. It's supposedly for "stretching" but honestly, it's where 99% of the women go to use weights. It's way too intimidating to go over to the proper weights section which is like a testosterone bonanza. I think that that's more of a reason that women don't use heavier weights than fear of being bulky. Not to mention I have no idea how to DO half of the stuff over there- sure, you could look up "deadlift" or whatever on the internet but it would be scary trying something out for the first time in the middle of the gym and you might hurt yourself and how would you even know what weight to start off with, etc.

So yeah, I'd be really impressed if a woman in my gym went over and started lifting super heavy weights. I'm gonna stick to my little girly section though xD
Motorbiker
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ApplePi)
Yeah, squat 90 deadlift 60.

My hands aren't strong enough to deadlift any more than that! I do only weigh 55 though so at least it's above my weight.

I squat more because I'm a sprinter so have stronger legs/glutes. It's just generally easier :P
Nice one, VERY impressed.

You squat more than my 13 stone brother does.

And as you weigh only 55 you squat more relative to bodyweight than i do...

(Original post by riotgrrl)
I'd be impressed! It's way too intimidating to go over to the proper weights section which is like a testosterone bonanza. I think that that's more of a reason that women don't use heavier weights than fear of being bulky. Not to mention I have no idea how to DO half of the stuff over there- sure, you could look up "deadlift" or whatever on the internet but it would be scary trying something out for the first time in the middle of the gym and you might hurt yourself and how would you even know what weight to start off with, etc.
Tbh, when i started about 10 weeks ago i was as clueless as anyone and i lifted less than most of the girls on here. I watched a few videos on each lift online and then went in and literally started with the empty barbell on every lift(squat/bench/press) and added 5kg a time until i started to slow down and that was my starting weights...

Then each time i went i added 5kg to the weight from the previous session and that would be my working set for that session...

As long as you start off light and make sure your technique is good you'll be fine...
SummerSofas
Rep:
Nice one, VERY impressed.

You squat more than my 13 stone brother does.

And as you weigh only 55 you squat more relative to bodyweight than i do...

Tbh, when i started about 10 weeks ago i was as clueless as anyone and i lifted less than most of the girls on here. I watched a few videos on each lift online and then went in and literally started with the empty barbell on every lift(squat/bench/press) and added 5kg a time until i started to slow down and that was my starting weights...

Then each time i went i added 5kg to the weight from the previous session and that would be my working set for that session...

As long as you start off light and make sure your technique is good you'll be fine...
i wish people would stop giving women credit for squatting anything over 40 kg..

yes its very nice that you can nearly squat huge poundages approaching bodyweight, but when a 60 kg female squatter gets more credit than a 200kg male squatter you know somethings wrong..
Motorbiker
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SummerSofas)
i wish people would stop giving women credit for squatting anything over 40 kg..

yes its very nice that you can nearly squat huge poundages approaching bodyweight, but when a 60 kg female squatter gets more credit than a 200kg male squatter you know somethings wrong..
There's "over 40kg" and then there's 90kg. That's an impressive squat for any girl and especially good for someone at 55kg.

90kg squat for 55kg female >>>> 120kg squat for 100kg male...
redbuthotter
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
iirc sofas weighed 90 something kg.

There's "over 40kg" and then there's 90kg. That's an impressive squat for any girl and especially good for someone at 55kg.

90kg squat for 55kg female >>>> 120kg squat for 100kg male...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads