Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am going to nottingham uni in september and would like to know the sort of part time jobs that are available. What job do you have? e.g. I work at primark and get paid £6 per hour.
    thanks in advance for any replies

ReputationRep:
    *watches thread* I'd like to know too!
    How many opportunities with the actual university come about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quintus)
    I am going to nottingham uni in september and would like to know the sort of part time jobs that are available. What job do you have? e.g. I work at primark and get paid £6 per hour.
    Well, Nottingham Uni is near a city and towns, so theres the usual part-time jobs such as working in primark. Theres also a few jobs on campus; in hall bars, shops & dinning halls, in campus cafes, the uni bar, the sports centre, the bookshop, the shop on campus, etc etc. Last year I worked as a Student Associate - got paid £40 a day (by Trent!) to help out in a high school. Theres other 'jobs' that give you a bit of money but not regular income to rely on, such as being the student who shows prospective students round campus on open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quintus)
    As far as I know, you can work on campus as well. There are jobs within the student union and if you don't find any there, you can work in town for anything like Tesco's, McDonalds,...

I don't know, but if you are looking for just some experience, there are plenty of places on campus to volunteer for to gain experience. I don't know if that's something you would consider as well.

ReputationRep:
    Don't currently live in Notts but I currently work in a Tesco and am thinking of transferring to the Tesco in Beeston (it is massive), 10mins from university park and very near BGP. Supermarket pay is always good (around £7 an hour) and has good advantages like 10% discount on goods etc. There is also a smaller Sainsbury's in Beeston, it is a little town with lots of jobs I'm sure.

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.